Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Mtext Editor Highlight Color

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3115 Views, 3 Replies

Reset Mtext Editor Highlight Color

The Mtext Editor allows one to change the text highlight color by going through the Text Formatting toolbar, clicking the arrow drop-down menu, and selecting Editor Settings > Text Highlight Color...

This brings up a Select Color dialog box with a single Index Color tab, which lists the default color of 16,62,112 greyed-out in the Color field.  In AutoCAD LT 2008, one can select any AutoCAD Color Index (ACI) color from a range of 1-255, including the seven basic color names for colors 1-7.  In the full version of AutoCAD 2008 (and possibly other versions of LT?), there are additional tabs for True Color and Color Books, however these tabs are not present in LT.  AutoCAD LT limits text highlight colors to ACI colors only, excepting the default color of 16,62,112 as noted above.

My problem stems from changing the text highlight color in a quick experiment:  there is no apparent way to restore AutoCAD LT's default text highlight color of 16,62,112, since it is not an ACI color.  I can pick a sort-of-close ACI color instead (I'm currently using color 156), but it seems like there should always be a mechanism to restore any variable to its default setting.

Does anyone know how to restore the default Mtext Editor highlight color in AutoCAD LT?  Beware:  if you attempt to reproduce my problem, you may end up just as stuck as I am, now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

A full reinstall restores it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Way late but should help others......Under the True Color Tab, set your values accordingly Hue:211, Saturation:75, Luminance:25

The Color at the bottom will be automatically set to 16,62,112

Message 4 of 4
pealedona

Better late than never!

I'm here in 2023 looking for the same solution.
Thank you BPiper14, problem solved!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report