Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Transparency from Viewport

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
office
1232 Views, 5 Replies

Remove Transparency from Viewport

I don't know why I'm having so many issues with 2020LT but it seems a lot of things are not as easy as they used to be, not sure if its because none of my old setting moved over or what...

I'm in paperspace, I added "viewport1", simple. I add viewport2. For some reason I can see everything under that in viewport1. I don't want to see anything behind viewport2.

Why am I having so many problems trying to achieve this simple task?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: office

What previous version of AutoCAD did you use where paperspace VIEWPORTS where not see-through? That's never been a feature. Sorry.

Create a viewport (or viewports) that has (have) a hole in it for your VP2 to slide over perhaps: MVIEW command will let you select a closed PLINE or a REGION (which lets you create a hole as part of the object) and convert it into a viewport.

Message 3 of 6
office
in reply to: pendean

Must have been a different program or I've completely forgotten how to use this one. I don't remember having to come up with a go-around to stack viewports before. Must have done it at some point if that's the case. Maybe it was a dream that made me think something so easy would be so simple... sorry to bother.

Message 4 of 6
RobDraw

Why don't you ask how people are accomplishing this since it's never worked the way that you describe it?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 6
pendean

If you want to share a file, I will gladly show you a method using a REGION as a viewport in a layout.
Message 6 of 6
FelipeMolon

I posted a workaround in Civil 3d forums, so I will copy it here:

Hey!

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I found an interesting solution that doesn't need any changes to the viewport.

What I did to work this thing around was draw a rectangle around everything I drew - in the model tab, of course - and use a solid hatch on it. Then, I use the "hatchtoback" command to make it stay behind the drawing. Now, since there is a solid color behind everything, it will also show in the viewport, covering everything behind it.

As you can see in the images, the larger circle is a viewport that is displaying the same thing as what is behind it, but the lines do not overlap because of the hatch.

I hope it can be useful to someone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators