Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Switching versions down the road

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
332 Views, 1 Reply

RE: Switching versions down the road

Hello all,

I recently purchased Autocad LT, and am trying to decide on a version. The company I work for currently uses Autocad LT 2016, and I have purchased Autocad LT for my personal computer so that, on occasion, I may continue working from home. I notice in my profile page, under downloads, it lets me choose from a variety of versions (2016 through to present version).

My question is, say if I choose to download the 2016 version and then a year from now my work upgrades to 2019, will I be able to switch to a newer version, or am I stuck with Autocad Lt 2016? Will .dwg's transfer well between the versions or would I be converting them in Trueview all the time?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Two things to know:

1. As long as you keep paying your annual subscription, you can always go back three versions.
2. Autodesk plans on releasing a newer version some time in March/April: this is likely to drop 2016 from your offerings since it will be more than three versions back. Keep that in mind.

General Info: AutoCAD/LT regardless of version can always SAVEAS down to older variants.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report