Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Autocad LT 2014

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ubochinska
668 Views, 11 Replies

Problems with Autocad LT 2014

Hello,

I have been trying to contact customer support with this issue, but there is no way to call or even email them!  I do not have a subscription, just have the product and license.  We noticed the issue a while back but thought it was connected with the computer itself, not the software.  But we just upgraded the computer, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The issue still persists. 

Issue description: If more than one file is open in Autocad LT, the program is extremely slow, when zooming in and out it "jumps" instead of being fluid, and thesmall icons at the bottom left corner start highlighting really fast and - for lack of a better expression - go crazy. 

Does anyone on here know what to do to fix it?  Or how to contact customer support without paying the subscription fee which I had for the first year and did not find it useful.  I purchased another computer and need to get Autocad for that machine, but I am hesitant since the program appears to be faulty and customre support is non-existant.

We have two other computers that run Autocad but these are the full versions and we are not experiencing the same problem.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Ula

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Beau.armagnac
in reply to: ubochinska

What are the specs for the computer having issues?

Operating system

memory

video card

Also what product version of LT are you running?

Click the arrow next to the help question mark in the top right corner, select about autocad.

You should see a section: Product version.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

ECAD, Inc.
3748 N. Causeway Blvd.
Suite 301
Metairie, LA 70002
504-818-3091
Message 3 of 12
ubochinska
in reply to: Beau.armagnac

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional

Computer Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 12.0GB

3D Device:
Name : NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Manufacturer : NVIDIA
Chip set : Quadro 2000
Memory : 2736 MB
Driver : 10.18.0013.5442

Product Version: l.108.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2014 SP1

Message 4 of 12
Beau.armagnac

Your autocad is updated with the latest service pack, so that is good. You could be having possible performance issues with the machine I think. You may need to upgrade your video card. Also try to see if the video card drivers need to be updated first.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

ECAD, Inc.
3748 N. Causeway Blvd.
Suite 301
Metairie, LA 70002
504-818-3091
Message 5 of 12
ubochinska
in reply to: Beau.armagnac

Hello,

We decided to swap our K2000 graphics card for another exact same model on another workstation that was not having any isssues. That did not fix the problem.

We then took a K2200 card from a new workstation and installed that on the problem system and installed the appropriate driver (the latest version) from Nvidia's support site. Still had the same issue.

The next step would be to remove the hard drive from the problem system, install a clean hard drive, install a clean copy od Windows 7 64bit on that hard drive and then install Autocad and test it out.  We will let you know if that changes anything.

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Have to tris to simply create an all new Windows log-in for the user to see if the issue goes away?
Message 7 of 12
ubochinska
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

We installed this version of Autocad LT 2014 on a brand new machine that has nothing else on it.  STILL SAME ISSUE.  We installed a trial version of 2015 LT on the new machine and it works FINE.

Now I am trying to reinstall that faulty Autocad LT 2014 on the old machine but it won't let me.  I am getting really really frustrated.  Is there not a number for Autocad technical support?  I find this outrageous.  Is thee an IT persn on here who is familiar with Autocad, who can cannot remotely and fix this problem for me?  Let me know your rate.

I am attaching screenshot of what it tells me when i try to install Autocad Lt.

I am sorry but I think AUTODESK is aweful.  No customer support whatsover, need to rely on other users. I wish there was an alrenate program I could use but it is pretty much a monopoly, right?  I need to buy another program and I am hesitant to spend another few thousand dollars and get another program that is potentially faulty. 

Thank you.

Ula

Message 8 of 12
ubochinska

Hi Dean,

We installed this version of Autocad LT 2014 on a brand new machine that has nothing else on it.  STILL SAME ISSUE.  We installed a trial version of 2015 LT on the new machine and it works FINE.

Now I am trying to reinstall that faulty Autocad LT 2014 on the old machine but it won't let me.  I am getting really really frustrated.  Is there not a number for Autocad technical support?  I find this outrageous.  Is thee an IT persn on here who is familiar with Autocad, who can cannot remotely and fix this problem for me?  Let me know your rate.

I am attaching screenshot of what it tells me when i try to install Autocad Lt.

I am sorry but I think AUTODESK is aweful.  No customer support whatsover, need to rely on other users. I wish there was an alrenate program I could use but it is pretty much a monopoly, right?  I need to buy another program and I am hesitant to spend another few thousand dollars and get another program that is potentially faulty. 

Thank you.

Ula

Message 9 of 12
pendean

So what does "wont let me" mean exactly? Looks to me like you are trying to install while downlaoding, aterrible method. Grab your software from here instead (forces you to install after the download is complete) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/software-downloads/previous-versi...

This looks like your screenshto problem I believe: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

FWIW if you paid for direct support from Autodesk, you get support from them:
https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/all (if you did buy it)

http://www.autodesk.com/support-offerings/overview (if not and wish to do so)

If not, your free options are the to search the Knowledge Netwrk for fixes, Customer Service Chat option, the Installation Forum, Troubleshooting webpage, Twitter, and others

Autodesk Card.jpg

Message 10 of 12
ubochinska

Thank you Dean, your suggestion on the install worked!

No I am not signed up for the support because when I did for the first year I was very dissatisfied.  It was a lot of money and it was a pain to deal with them. How much does it cost for the basic one anyway? 

If you buy computer hardware you can be on extended warranty, or just pay a you go when you have an issue.  Why is this not an option here?  Disappointing.

Message 11 of 12
ubochinska

and how do i get to the customer service chat - i dont see that option when i click the link.

Message 12 of 12
pendean

With Autodesk, you pre-pay for support, aka "extended warranty": if you want pay-as-you-go support you probably need to do so through a reseller since they only offer self-help for the most part, plus these free forums too.

Find a reseller here http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report