Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PLT file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cjmyersAJN7F
731 Views, 3 Replies

Printing PLT file

Hello,

I have searched the Internet and also found directions from Autodesk on how to print a PLT file. The directions used a spooler file with the DOS copy command. I cannot get this to work. I'm trying to print the PLT file to a pdf using BLUEBEAMPDFPORT. Has anyone done this?

I have multiple PLT files that I need to print. I can't really download or buy any software because I don't have ADMIN access to my PC so a DOS command would be helpful. 

I copied the PLT file to my hard drive, created the MySpooler.bat file in the same folder, ran the command and receive Access is denied. I don't think I should need Admin permissions to do this.

Any direction would be helpful.

Thank you,

Carol

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cjmyersAJN7F

>>>...Access is denied...<<<
>>>... I don't have ADMIN access to my PC...<<<
Contact your IT for help, nothing you can do about it.

Note; PLT is not a defined file format: to print that you need to know what driver created them.
Are you trying to recover some ancient drawings from the 1980s/1990s?

And there is nothing you can do with them in AutoCAD.

You could also go to Bluebeam Support and share one of your PLT files with them, see what they offer up.
Message 3 of 4
cjmyersAJN7F
in reply to: pendean

Hi,
The file is from 2003 and it won't open in AutoCAD. The other PLTs will open in CAD but do not have a titleblock, so I was hoping the PLT would have that. I have no idea what driver created it, I'm assuming you're referring to printer driver. I work for State government and these were files that were delivered to us by consultants. Unfortunately, I can't go to Bluebeam because we do not have support for my copy.
Thank you.
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cjmyersAJN7F

AutoCAD only opens a very narrow defined subset of PLT files: your other may be corrupt or from a different driver, it is safe to assume it is useless at this stage until you find a 3rd party driver support for it.

In the meantime you can reach out to your IT to address your local OS login limitations/ issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report