Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Scale Inaccuracy: Drawing no longer fits in paper boundary at chosen scale

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1185 Views, 4 Replies

Plot Scale Inaccuracy: Drawing no longer fits in paper boundary at chosen scale

Hi everyone,

We use drawing templates and have a different size template for each scale we plot (i.e. template for plotting at 1/4" = 1'-0"). 

Our templates are sized just below our paper size (typical paper size either 8.5"x11" or custom 30"x60") so that they will fit nicely in the boundary when selecting 1/4" = 1'-0". As of a few weeks ago, our templates no longer fit their paper boundaries for their respective scales. I have attached a sample drawing and two pictures to illustrate.

The drawing I've attached is what the size of our templates would be for each paper size. I should note that this is a printing issue with both of our printers, not just one. Both mention that the drawing is too big for the selected paper size. Even though the drawing should fit within the paper, it does not when printed. Each printer has also been calibrated and will print the correct size rectangles.

Please let me know your suggestions, thank you!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your file, attached, with your smaller rectangle in paperspace fitted to a letter size sheet, in a viewport set to 1/4" scale: you appear to not compensate for margins when printing perhaps?

Since nothing changed in AutoCAD that would account for this, could it be someone touched your templates of PC3 files or printer driver settings?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I have a feeling it is either driver settings or PC3 files, as those have potentially changed recently. I don't know how they have changed, though, or how to edit those to what we would need. Any thoughts? 

We didn't previously have issues with margins (and I believe I skimmed the current margin settings), and I am able to make the templates smaller, but I was hoping to see why they no longer fit before updating our templates. Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Did you all change servers or printers/plotters of even computers about the time the problems appeared?
Or hire a new CAD guy...?
Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

Not knowing the history of your setup, below is what I would do to set up one from scratch.

Print an entire sheet on this printer with solid gray hatch.

You can easily measure the side margins from this print, because the printer will not print to the L and R edges.

Estimate the top and bottom margins based on this (1.25X the side maybe?)

Configure your PC3 with margins of 0.00".

Make sure your border/title block drawing(s) will fit within the printable area you calculated above.

You might want to only show the "edge of paper" corners and then the actual border lines will form the real world printable area.

Don't draw anything beyond that.

pagesetup.png

You may have to adjust the top of bottom after a few test prints.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost