Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pirated Software?? - Shady Online Vendor??

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1574 Views, 5 Replies

Pirated Software?? - Shady Online Vendor??

Hi All. 

I'm new to AutoCAD and I hope you all can help me.  I suspect that a "license" I received with an internet purchase of AutoCAD LT 2008 is bogus, but I have so little experience with this software I can not be sure.  The instructions I received tell me to get the activation request code from the installation process and then after I enter a "serial number or group ID" which was provided on the install instructions, I am to enter the request code into "AutoCADGen.exe" and it spits out an activation code. 

This looks very blatantly like a key generator and therefor like a hack.  I have asked the vendor to provide links to instruction for this registration type and they have been unable to do so.  I have also been unable to find information on typical registration scenarios for this program so I find it hard to argue.  Please share your experiences and guidence with me.  I need to obtain a legal license especially because I intent to use the software for business purposes.  If this software is not legit, I will demand a refund.

Thank you, in advance, for your input.

-Aaron

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Wait for someone else to contribute as I do not install the software often enough to remember but Autodesk does generate a activation code after you enter the SN for the install. Their way of keeping you honest.

Google does not return AutoCADGen.exe - Reason for pause maybe?

LT 2008 software is old though. Was this a new sealed-in-box purchase? If the SN is associated with another install then you will have great difficulty with activation.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Unfortunately the product was not in unopened packaging. I thought it might have been 1 seat on a multiseat license, but now I just think it's pirated. If I Google the group id they gave me, I actually get some hits on a few foreign sites. I'm going to send it back. Thanks for the input.
Message 4 of 6
Kate_LT

For a list of authorized providers, this link is a good place to start. (It lists online dealers too.)

Find a Reseller

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 5 of 6
pendean

amazon.com has great prices usually on totally legit AutoCAD LT seats, explore there too.

Message 6 of 6
RSomppi
in reply to: eviem6252

That sounds like message #2. A lot like it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report