Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
566 Views, 7 Replies

Performance Issues

I have recently purchased acad lt 2016.  I ran it in trial mode for the 30 days and it worked fine.  After or about at the time I registered the program I am finding that my curser locks and or hesitates on picks; not only in acad but in everything else but only when acad is running.  Restarting my computer helps only slightly and only for about 15 mins. then back to jumpy.  the following is my setup:

windows 7

quad core amd processor

8 gig memory

evga geforce gtx 750ti video (2 gig gddr5 mem) directx 11

I am working with basic 2d files w/ xrefs and a few image attachments in each file

any thoughts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Nothing is different between the trial and the purchased version except for the licensing information: so what else has changed on your PC in the interim? This could be a software added/removed/updated (other than LT), an item plugged into the PC (or since removed), a server change, a cloud storage site change, or something similar, new video card, updated video card drivers, new anti-virus or updated one, something.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am unaware of any changes such as these. Who knows what windows updates do. I suspected this also. I have resorted to running the task manager to see what is happening and can only see the cpu usage decreasing to 0 as I maximize it. acad is what is showing usage.
Message 4 of 8
pendean

Two tests to try:
1. Turn off all background running applications. problem go away?
2. Disconnect from your network/internet. problem go away?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I belive I have isolated the problem to a thumb drive left in a usb port.  I am not sure why that would cause a problem but so far the program is working properly????

Message 6 of 8
pendean

That's why I brought it up in my first reply: it happens with some PCs, usually a "smart" phone but sometimes a thumbdrive too.

Thanks for sharing your solution.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Dean,

For what it's worth, I've seen the same thing, with the cursor "freezing" on selection points simply by moving the cursor over an object, or the application just hanging.  Task Manager doesn't show any activity, and a couple of seconds later the cursor moves again; application lockups may last 20 seconds or more.  This is unique to 2016LT, and has been this way since installation.  I also have 2013LT, 2014LT, and 2015LT on the same computer, and have never seen this behavior on any of the prior releases.  I have even opened 2015LT and 2016LT at the same time on the same computer, as a test, and while 2016 is frozen, I switch to 2015 and it is working normally.  No hardware changes since installing 2016, no thumb drives installed, nothing new connected to the computer, minimal software changes.  I know that Foxit PDF reader sometimes interferes with programmable buttons on by Trackball Explorer, but that is not unique to 2016.  The lockups are new to 2016.

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Intel Xeon CPU 320GHz

8 GB RAM

64-Bit

Al

Message 8 of 8
pendean

2016 uses a different graphics engine than 2015 and lower: try changin some or all of the settings in GRAPHICSCONFIG command and see if that helps.

I have AutoCAD, LT and Architecture from versions 2011 through 2016 on my single PC and I see no issues in any of the 18 variants when I open them to answer questions for users on these forums. But in a few, hardware acceleration settings have had to be tweaked for them to operate peacfully, and all of them have all the required patches, hotfixes and updates installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report