Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _ArchTick ignored

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5660 Views, 7 Replies

_pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _ArchTick ignored

Hi All,

First time post here.  Hopefully you can help.

I have an ACAD file that is 7 mg.  There really isn't that much on the drawing.  I think it should be under a mg only... 

Please see the attached file....  

Can any one help i need to force purge loads of blocks that i cant get rid of.   Also cant copy and paste this **** error comes up all the time.  Its infuriating... 

any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

_ARCHTICK is a dimension block which cannot be deleted unless you remove the dimension style from your drawing.

As to your drawing itself. A quick copy and paste job took it down to just under 300KB big

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain

That drawing is full of the DGN linetype bloat. After removing this data, the file size is ±715k.

What version of AutoCAD LT are you using?

If you do not have the correct patches in place, this bloat will get back in this drawing, and is probably in others that you have.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks so much guys. 

I'm using 2013 LT cad at the moment. 

When you say copy and paste job, what do you mean?  apologises for sounding dumb, but i've tried copying the file with no luck and i've tried copying and pasting all objects in the drawing in to another drawing with no luck.

Thanks again.

Tom

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain

I think you are out of luck with AutoCAD LT 2013. The fix is not built in, until the 2015 version, and there is no patch for AutoCAD LT versions (see: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/DGN... )

@hwalker is talking about copying and pasting the data into a new drawing. But if you do not have the patches available (which you don't - as described above), then the data bloat will simply come along with the copied data. It's a huge bug and you can't fix it for reasons I described above.

All you can do is take the drawing that @hwalker provided and keep is clean. If you ever copy and paste from an "infected" drawing, all of this data bloat will be re-inserted into the recipient drawing file.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 8
pendean
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

thanks all

ill give that link a read and report back

thanks again

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi All,

Thanks for your help on this.  reading that link it made me realise its time to upgrade... now running 2018 LT and the purge command removed all unwanted bits. All my files were 12-15mg and now down to 2-3...  

Thanks again

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report