Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pan slow down

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cdross
561 Views, 3 Replies

Pan slow down

I am having trouble with panning. I have checked the MBUTTONPAN command and set it to 1. It's on. But it still sticks. I may try getting a new mouse.

What and where is the registry they mention in the below post??

But in the meantime I googled the issue and found this also:

1. Exit AutoCAD LT 2014.
  2. Create a new text file using Notepad and copy the following into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]
@="0"
"StorageType"=dword:00000003
"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001
"LowerBound"=dword:00000000
"UpperBound"=dword:00000001
"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b
  1. Save to a location of your choice and close the file.
  2. Rename the file so that it has a .reg extension instead of .txt. Be sure it does not end with .reg.txt after renaming (right-click > properties to see the full file name).
  3. Double-click the .reg file to apply it to the registry. Afterwards, the .reg file can be deleted.

Alternatively, you may use the . reg file attached to this article. Download the ZIP file, extract it, and then double-click the . reg file to apply it to your system.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cdross

What exactly is the panning issue: is it just slow?
What is your LT version?
What is your Windows version?
What changed on your PC over the weekend? Something did, find out.
Message 3 of 4
cdross
in reply to: pendean

It is slow, like that it gets stuck and I have to keep doing pan to get it to pan. Otherwise the mouse works fine. Maybe the center button (pan) is wearing out? I've replaced the battery in case.

When I looked up "middle button pan issues" I found the info I copied in my original post and I realized that with two drawings open, I had indeed seen the status bar flicker, etc. See link below. This only happens if two drawings are open at the same time. Thus my question also about what and where is windows registry? Never heard of it.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Per...

Autocad LT 2014

Windows 7

Yes, things could have changed but I am not sure. My computer does windows updates at night.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cdross

Use Windows 7's System Restore Tool to remove the last set of updates: does the problem then go away?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report