Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Template Units Setup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
222 Views, 3 Replies

New Template Units Setup

I am setting up a new drawing template for our office and I cannot seem to get the units to work.  I changed them in the 'units' dialog box but it doesn't seem to change.  I think it is also affecting my dimensions as the specifications are set to Architectural. I was going to try and go onto the 'Drawing Setup' box but I cannot seem to find it in CAD LT 2018. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

-DWGUNITS command (note there is a dash in the name) is the correct method to set a DWG file's units.

Message 3 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: pendean

@pendean

I would not suggest this especially in this case, no matter what the TO actually has a problem with.
Starting this function sets the flag for 2018 AEC information.
This would make it impossible to perform -ExportToAutoCAD on files based on this template in older versions (colleagues, customers).

Should a different setting be needed at this point I would prefer the rebuilding on the basis of an imperial file.

It is cruel what the manufacturer*autodesk thought up again, or did not think.

Editing these setting in plain autocad or lt should never set/change aec-version flags.

Sebastian

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cadffm

Since we are in the LT forum, I would not scare the OP into thinking your otherwise valid post is relevant to them, since it is likely not an issue around here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report