Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seat.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
NCCDesign-Nige
496 Views, 8 Replies

New Seat.

Last week I installed AutoCAD LT onto a new PC. At no time during the installation was I asked for a product activation code. Once CAD was installed, it worked fine without any issues. This week however, I have been having issues which manifest themselves as what would appear to be unable to move the cross hairs over a polyline. The cross hairs stop and momentarily freeze. Within a minute they can be moved again. First time this happened earlier today, I closed CAD only to get an error report pop up page. That then resulted in a message from AutoCAD CER suggestion I needed to install the latest maintenance update. Eventually managed to do so, but issue still exists, cross hairs finding it hard to get over a polyline. Hardware acceleration has been turned off and on, same issue.

Any thoughts? Reinstall LT and hope for activation code to be requested? New mouse?

Nigel Cox.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: NCCDesign-Nige

Licensing has nothing to do with jerky mouse actions.

Does this happen in ALL files, or just the one file? and it's just with Plines?

What is SELECTIONPREVIEW variable set to? What happens if you turn it off?Usage is explained in HELP if you want to look it up.
Message 3 of 9
NCCDesign-Nige
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the reply Dean.

This happens with all files. It is not a jerky action and not confined to plines. It just appears so. The cross hairs can be moved, and then they halt, mostly adjacent to a pline. 

The SELECTIONPREVIEW was set to a value of 3. turning this off has no effect. The issue is still there. 

Further head scratching required. 

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Start ABOUT command and let us know what is reported for your exact LT version.
Also post a screenshot of your GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-up please.
Message 5 of 9
NCCDesign-Nige

Thanks once again Dean.

I hope the attached is what you are looking for. The screen shots are of the GRAPHICSCONFIG and  ABOUT LT2018. I have read that the update which had a limited time (June last year?) should have changed the product version to a completely different number. This version is a new download under my own subscription. 

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Thank you for the screenshots: it looks like you might need to install updated video card drivers, your hardware acceleration is turned off as it appears your video card is not supported.

Your PC manufacturer might be the first place to start then AMD's website for your Radeon R7 200-series video card.
Message 7 of 9
NCCDesign-Nige

Thanks once again for the reply.

The hardware accelerator was turned off on the screen shot but the same issue existed with it turned on. An updated driver for the Radeon card has been installed as suggested. The problem however still exists. A fatal error has also occurred and been reported. This occurred after the driver update. 

Appreciate your help. 

Message 8 of 9
pendean

You're in Windows10, correct? click on the search/Cortana button and type in WINVER, hit <enter> and post a screenshot of that pop-up? Would like to see your OS Build version number.
Message 9 of 9
NCCDesign-Nige

Thank you for your reply.

the attached screenshots give both the Windows version and the Device Spec for the PC. In the meantime, I uninstalled CAD and then reinstalled it but using Google Chrome. The reason was that there is/was an issue with 'Bing' not being able to complete a download. (Normally I would DL via the CAD manager). Upshot is, CAD is now working fine and all the settings are where they should be and crosshairs can get over the plines. 

I am not 100% sure what the issue was/is but I will keep an eye on this. Thanks for your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report