Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Commands - Why can't I type them in?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
michalGVBNA
828 Views, 12 Replies

New Commands - Why can't I type them in?

Hello Dear Forum,

I have created a couple of new commands based on the existing ones, but they only appear to be accessible by the command icons. If I type in the name of the command it does not appear to be recognized. Any idea on what do I have to do to have the command be also accessible whilst typing it in the command line?

Icon for the command:

Membrane - Icon.png

Command-Line not recognising the command:

Membrane - Type.png

Thanks for your help!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: michalGVBNA

@michalGVBNA ,

I suggest you look into the suggestions on this link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 13
michalGVBNA

Hello Valentin, 

Your links talk of the aid in finding the command in searches etc. The problem is that the command does not work when typed, as if it does not exist. 

My initial guess was that it has more to do with the fact if you create a new command in the CUI it creates a macro rather than a new command, but I am not sure how the back-end on that actually works.

Message 4 of 13
Valentin-WSP

@michalGVBNA ,

I suggest you review your process with those mentioned in this >>Make Your Own Commands In AutoCAD<<.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 13
Patchy

Must be a new one

Never heard of command MEMBRANE

Message 6 of 13
pendean

>>>...I have created a couple of new commands...<<<
What does that mean to the rest of us that don't know what you did exactly: please elaborate, id you create a LISP or menu button macro or script or.... something else?
Message 7 of 13
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I have created a couple of new commands based on the existing ones

Would you please describe more how did you create those commands ? 

Message 8 of 13
cadffm

It is named as "command", but it isn't!

You can not create real commands in CUI dialog, sorry.

You need to create a action macro or by programming in Lisp or .Net for example.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
michalGVBNA
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Thanks a lot, that helped with the command being found whilst typing. 

Membrane - Type Found.png

The command is still not recognized as a command when typed in such a way though, as i am getting the following error:

Membrane - Unknown Command.png

Message 10 of 13
michalGVBNA
in reply to: cadffm

To answer previous questions this, I have created the command in CUI, below is the image of the command's CUI:

Membrane - CUI.png

We are working in AutoCAD LT, so unfortunately LISP is not an option. Not heard of .NET, is that something I could work with using AutoCAD LT?

Message 11 of 13
cadffm

@michalGVBNA  schrieb:

We are working in AutoCAD LT

You postED in the wrong forum without saying which software you using..

Next time: AutoCAD LT (for windows) Forum <clickme>

No, in LT you can not do that - you can not define new commands in LT,

shortcuts and clickable buttons in toolbars, menus, ribbon and toolpalette..

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
steven-g

That is a restriction for custom commands in LT, they are not recognised in the same way as the built-in commands, custom commands can only be used in the ribbon, menu, toolpalettes or toolbars (icon based) the only way to get custom commands to work from the keyboard is to drag the new custom command to the list of keyboard shortcuts >>> shortcut keys in the cui and assign a key combination that uses the shift, control or alt keys together with a letter, but this only works if that combination is not already in use (for example you can not make your own shortcut using ctrl+c but shift+M would work)

Message 13 of 13
michalGVBNA

Thanks @steven-g that answers my question. I have a lot of macros set up already, but wanted to find other ways of generating combined commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report