Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTEXT moving in attribute

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
882 Views, 6 Replies

MTEXT moving in attribute

Hello, I am updating our boarder block with attributes to have multi-line text. This boarder block has been used for over 5 years with no issues till multi-line text was needed to be added.   This only applies to mtext, not to single line text

Per other posts, I'm using "multiple lines" option as well as "boundary width" to indicate when second line is to start.  During testing within the attribute building the text shows up as designed, but in paperspace the mtext moves to another location (in this example, it appears in the "client information").   I've used "block sync" but no luck.   This only applies to mtext, not to single line text.

Please see the screen shots for example.  Thx in advanced

AutoCAD LT 2021, Windows

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

More often than not that usually means your setup is missing a font that is needed or a different STYLE setting that needs to be adjusted. Your screenshots do show different fonts.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thx for the reply...I checked the editable fonts style again, all Arial but different sizes (i.e. Revisions).  Three fonts are loaded into the drawing...Standard, Arial, and Roman.   The non-editable fonts in block are Roman.   There are a total of 42 editable "single line" text in the block and 1 mtext, which is the cause of the issue.     Not understanding why only this mtext will move in final block.  When block is exploded, mtext appears as designed.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Exploding MTEXT allows the text to go back to its "proper" settings: that usually means you have manual overrides set inside the MTEXT that you cannot remove from the outside.

If you are able to share your drawing with content that exhibits before/after symptom, we can all have a look for the details.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

@pendean  I have added the .dwt file for review with our company identification removed. 

Thx, Rob

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Thanks for the file.

Questions/Observations:

1) Why is your multi-line attribute set to Middle-left for a justification? Wouldn't Top-Left be appropriate?

2) I noticed in modelspace when you fill in that attribute, it sits outside of the titleblock, rotation seems to be incorrect.

3) how did you get the titleblock into paperspace? When I use INSERT command, I get the same problem as #2 above, not your issue. I wonder is someone tried to manually fix your layout and simply missed.

See your file for #2 and #3.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Q- Why is your multi-line attribute set to Middle-left for a justification? Wouldn't Top-Left be appropriate?

A- I selected middle-left justification if the drawing title was either one or two lines to remain centered within the cell of the title block.

Q- I noticed in model space when you fill in that attribute, it sits outside of the title block, rotation seems to be incorrect. 

A-  This is the specific problem that I cannot determine what the cause is as it works fine when testing within the attribute block builder.   I did not notice rotation issues.  The text should be vertical from bottom to top.  This only appears to occur when using multi-line text, not single.  With new drawing, the .dwt file is used, but I also started with blank sheet, inserted block in PS then cut viewport.   Appears to have same issue with MTEXT landing in incorrect location within the title block.

I opened up the the .dwg that you tested and I see what you mean with the test showing up in horizontally.  Per block settings, it looks to be correct.   In testing withing the "block editor" rotation and position is good.  I am not sure if this is an issue with AutoCAD LT 2021 or in previous versions as well.  

Two single rows of text can be used, but MTEXT is preferred as formatting is automatic...specially being able to set the boundary width.

Thx, Rob 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report