Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MText doesn't automatically rotate when rotating entire plan in model space.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
juanjp123
347 Views, 3 Replies

MText doesn't automatically rotate when rotating entire plan in model space.

Hi guys,

so usually when I rotate a drawing that contains Mtext in it, the text automatically rotates itself while staying in the correct position. However, for this specific drawing I've opened, I'm attempting to rotate an entire building drawing in model space by 180 degrees, but when I do so, all of the text/annotations within the drawing aren't rotating automatically like they usually do. The text does appear to be Mtext.

Anyone know why this could be? Is there something in the text's properties or settings that I should change?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: juanjp123

Can you share that DWG file here (or portion of it with the problem)?
OR... copy/paste all the modelspace content into one of your own "working-just-fine" empty template files: does the problem go away (or does something very new and odd appear)?
Message 3 of 4
juanjp123
in reply to: pendean

Hi pendean!

I attached the .dwg to this reply. Basically this was a PDF that I was assigned to convert to .DWG. I used AutoCAD LT's built in PDF convert tool and then cleaned it up manually.

I also tried to copyclip it into a new blank drawing but it won't pasteclip. I don't know why. It will only pasteclip into other drawings from the same batch of drawings I converted. So I couldn't test to see if the text would rotate fine in a clean drawing.

Thank you for your help and your time!

I appreciate it.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: juanjp123

Thanks for the DWG file: why are you so far away from 0,0,0, the AutoCAD universe starting point? that translates to 25,492 miles. Fix that, many of your issues will probably go away maybe...

pendean_0-1655384412407.png

Otherwise, ROTATE command seems to work just fine

pendean_1-1655384473415.png

pendean_2-1655384488630.png

As does UCS command rotation with PLAN command set to "current ucs" to match it

pendean_3-1655384558468.png

pendean_4-1655384637687.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report