Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving in walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
357 Views, 2 Replies

Moving in walls

Hello Autodesk Community, I am fairly new to AutoCAD and was hoping to get some help on a restroom project i've been working on. Operating on Autocad LT 2015 I have the basic floor plan drawn out and I'm moving on to drawing in details such as the tile. I want to offset all my walls to indicate the wall tile by half an inch. The problem I'm having is that if i offset the outside corners they wont meet, and in a room with a lot of ins and outs it can be tedious. Is there a faster way of doing this??? I attached a image of one of these corners.
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no image! but offset is dependant on the geometry type, if your drawing is made up of lines offset will keep the same line length it has no way of knowing that your line forms a corner, if you use poylines to draw your room boundaries then the offset command will work as you are describing.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Why aren't you using RECTANG to shape each tile, then just using COPY to create the next tile and allow for a space in between the tiles?

You are not using a pencil/pen and drafting on paper anymore: learn to forget about LINE command when it is not a true valid choice (like drawing tiles which are single objects with sides).

Try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report