Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stephenappel
66 Views, 4 Replies

Migrating

I have a new computer with AutoCAD 2025 installed and an older computer with AutoCAD 2018 installed. Although AutoCAD claims that the migration utility will run upon start up of the new software it hasn't. I have gone on my old computer / export AutoCAD LT 2018 settings which resulted in the creation of a zip file. On my new computer I go to Migrate from a previous release and get a  warning that "I have previously migrated settings to this AutoCAD 2025" which I haven't. If I proceed from there I get a message that says Migrate Profiles requires that AutoCAD LT 2000 or a later version be installed on your system. This is a brand new computer and there are no other versions installed on this. What am I doing wrong??

thank you . . . stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: stephenappel

Hi,

(please use the already posted thread for the same topic, not a new one / next time, thx)

what you doing wrong?

You're ignoring my post! There is no feature to import settings from an older version from another PC.

Here is a link to your first post and my answer to you:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/migration-utility/m-p/13056037#M206855

Sebastian

Message 3 of 5
stephenappel
in reply to: cadffm

Sorry! I don't use the forum much and am just getting used to how it works. I am confused by your response because this is what is says on the Autodesk site:

stephenappel_0-1727911529188.png

Message 4 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: stephenappel

Look at your screenshot. No word about export settings on one pc of an older acad version and import on another pc  to an newer acad version.

Your screenshot: This works, but this is for Export/Import from/to THE SAME PRODUCT(version) only!

What I wrote:

Hi,

Is your old PC working? And OS is win10 or win11?

Install 2025, migrate your 2018 setting by the first 2025 start.

Then, Export custom setting from 2025, transfer the .zip file to the new PC and Import your custom settings.

There is no tool to migrate from 2018 on PC1  to 2025 on PC2

Sebastian

Message 5 of 5
stephenappel
in reply to: cadffm

Hello Sebastian – Thank you!!! I installed 2025 on my old computer, migrated my settings from 2018, exported those settings into a zip file – imported in my new computer with 2025 and it worked perfectly as you said!!!! I thought you were only allowed to have one installation on a computer. Thanks again for your help and have a good day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report