Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make DWF layout with Georeference from Medel space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nsgma
275 Views, 2 Replies

Make DWF layout with Georeference from Medel space

Hello,

I need to publish a DWF layout, but I would like to have it georeferenced to the UCS from Model Space.

The intention is two fold.

1. After I annotate the layout people can use it as an underlay to correct the actual drawing, by inserting it in Model space

2. When I submit it to the authorities the layout is georeferenced and therefore can be used to check its compliance with the the Municipal and regional plans.

I remember using it for the first case many years ago (although I cannot remember if we maybe did DWF directly from Model space). 

Any help would be welcomed .

Thank you, N

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: nsgma

A feature found only in AutoCADMAP or Civil3D I believe: is that what you used back in the day?

Message 3 of 3
nsgma
in reply to: pendean

No. I have never used those software. It was the early days of Design Review and DWF. Then it did not catch on as a review workflow where I was working at and PDF evolved and was more widely available for clients to receive the information.

However, some countries where we aredesigning ask for DWF and/or DWG georeferenced (no problem with the dwg of course).  And since there was the ability to also make reviews we were considering revisiting it.

Perhaps we did the DWF from Model Space, although it sounds strange to review documents... or perhaps that was exactly the reason why that revision workflow did not catch on.

N

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report