Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2018 plot preview error

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
marchitect_nc
2072 Views, 26 Replies

LT 2018 plot preview error

Win 7 64

Just updated LT2018...something is wrong.

If preview is selected in the plotting dialog then an AutoCAD LT error message pops up saying "Test Failed".

Also the pdf plotting is still messed up, the sheets are centered wrong causing the plots to have large margins on the right side.

Its not plotting the dashed sheet area, it seems to be plotting the margins of the larger window around the dashed sheet area.

The pdf margin problem was mentioned when LT 2018 was first released, and it's still a problem.

I'm on a subscription...but still can't use LT 2018.

What use is a subscription if the current version is not usable?

Frustrating.

m

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
pendean
in reply to: marchitect_nc

Reset LT2018 https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Install the latest update https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/autocad-lt-2018-update-2018-1-2/m-p/7864736#M164231

Try again and see if the preview still fails once you set the pagesetup to DWG TO PDF driver.

As for margin widths, you control all o that, simply changing versions often is not the culprit: post a DWG file ready to plot as you set it and let's see what you have going on.
Message 3 of 27
marchitect_nc
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

I reset lt2018 and the plot review now works. The update had already been applied. Thanks for the suggestion.

However that was unrelated to the pdf plot margins issue.

Please see attached "Test Residence".

The right margin is way too big, if anything is drawn close to the far left margin then there is no binding room available. Really the whole sheet is offset too far to the left. This is plotted with origins set to 0,0.

I can increase the offset 1" and get the pdf plot to work, but this setting will not work for my paper plotter, all the right margin will be truncated and not plotted.

And that is a dealbreaker.

This is not a problem in LT 2017. I can use the same settings for pdf's or paper plots. I don't have to go through extra steps. Something got an unwelcome change in LT 2018.

Message 4 of 27
pendean

Glad the tip fixed the preview.

Your PDF only shows me the symptom, the cause is likely your plot settings or parameters or content placement since absolutely nothing has changed in plotting between LT2017 and LT2018.

Share your DWG file here.
Message 5 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi Pendean,

File attached.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

m

Message 6 of 27
pendean

Can;t look at it or you today: the Autodesk subscription meltdown happening right now at Autodesk has all of my 2018 subscription software locked up.

I can only use 2017s at the moment but I do see your layout sheet size doe not match your titleblock sidebar and your layouts set to output to your HP plotter not any PDF driver.

Can you fix those and repost the DWG file? If I have to do all the work, we might not spot what the actual problem you have my be.
Message 7 of 27
marchitect_nc

I'm not seeing what you are seeing?

Please see attached jpg...it shows everything fitting in the dashed area, which I assume is the plot area since it shows up the same in the plot preview.

Am I wrong?

I'm in no hurry.

m

Message 8 of 27
pendean

From what I can tell you are just accepting AutoCADLT2018's automatic page size substitution, it like to use the ARCH FULL BLEED D page size when in reality you really just want the ARCH D size only since that is all your HP500 is set to use.

Like I said, you control all margins when printing/plotting in AutoCAD. Start watching that PLOT command pop-up for clues when something looks different.
Message 9 of 27
john.vellek

Hi @marchitect_nc,

I took a look at your file and applied a Pagesetup (Note: I did not have your CTB to apply).  I set the plotter driver to use the AutoCAD General Documentation PDF, selected the 36x24 size and set the Properties for that paper size to have 0 margins.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

I also changed the scale to 1:1.  I noticed too that while running AUDIT, your file reported many errors.

Please look at the attached file and let me know if it behaves differently for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 27
marchitect_nc
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

Thank-you for taking the time with this.

I will take a look at it and give it a try.

I'll post back.

Sincerely,

m

Message 11 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi John,

In the screen shot of the Plotter Configuration Editor, what are the LR:0.23",0.23" numbers and where did they come from?

Sincerely,

m

Message 12 of 27
john.vellek

HI @marchitect_nc,

They are in the Properties for the printer driver. Go the the Modify paper sizes, select the d size and then you should be able to set the margins to 0

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 13 of 27
marchitect_nc

But what is the .23"?
Message 14 of 27
john.vellek

Hi @marchitect_nc,

Those numbers represent the Left and Right margins.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 27
marchitect_nc

But is this messing with the scale of the sheet? If I stretch a margin
isn't that also stretching the image to fit the margin?
Message 16 of 27
john.vellek

Hi @marchitect_nc

This does not change the scale of the drawing being produced. It only makes more of the 36x24 paper available to plot onto. The scale I used in your drawing is 1:1. If you are plotting to FIT then yes, it will change the scale of the output.

John Vellek

Message 17 of 27
marchitect_nc

No, not plotting to fit.
Message 18 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi John,

Something that confuses me is that it seems that the option to set the parameters you mention are not in the Batch Plot ( _publish) dialog window, which is what I use when I plot a set to pdf's.

So I don't see how your previous posts fit?

Still confused.

m

Message 19 of 27
john.vellek

HI @marchitect_nc,

I am sorry that you are getting confused by all of this. I made a quick video that shows how you set 0" margins in your paper size for the specific driver that you are using. I do this in the named Page Setup.

In my video, since I had already done this process for a D-size sheet, I created a new setup for an E-size PDF. You will see that in the page setup, I select the properties for the driver, go to modify paper sizes, select the ARCH E size and then modify the margins. Once I have done this I apply the setup to the layout and it will now work properly in the PUBLISH if I select the "Plotter named in page setup"

John Vellek

Message 20 of 27
marchitect_nc

Hi John,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I must do this to set up a pdf plot, then do I also have to do this to setup a normal plotter plot?

If so, then how can I use the "Publish to plotter named in page setup" in the Batch plot dialog box? Wouldn't the page setup now have two separate named plotter setups?

I liked this the way it was before, plot to the plotter or plot to the pdf, none of this other stuff.

m

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report