Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Hatch border lines when copying drawing to Excel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
749 Views, 3 Replies

Losing Hatch border lines when copying drawing to Excel

Hey guys,

I always lose some solid hatch boarder lines (it happens with a pattern hatch as well) when I copy a drawing and paste into excel (select all, Ctrl+C, then paste special as enhcnaced metafile or autocad drawing, it happens with both). It is totally random for which lines are missing. I try and paste to a new drawing file and save it somewhere different. When I go to re paste the new copied file, a different set of lines do not show up in the excel. They always look fine in the Autocad file as I HATCHGENERATEBOUNDRY when needed. I attached an example where some lines do not appear (around the green and the grey disk above). I need the drawing to be as detailed and high resolution as possible, exporting the autocad drawing as PDF does not do justice. 

Is there another way to get the drawing out of AutoCAD with a decent resolution so that I can insert it into Excel??

So a little background - I make technical data sheets and detailed well schematics for downhole oil and gas equipment. I create the tech sheet, then paste my autocad drawing of the tool into the excel to reflect the dimensions and such. 

THANKS!,

-Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Any reason you don't just use the Windows Snipping tool to get images into Excel from other programs?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.

Some drawings are too detailed for the screen to capture everything. See attached example of something that was snipped.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried Export > Other File to wmf  then "insert picture from file" to excel. Long time since needed similar workflow but recall it was a little more predictable than simple copy/paste or Paste link

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report