Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype scale in coming in 200 times too small and stopping before nodes.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jscolesVWCD9
258 Views, 2 Replies

Linetype scale in coming in 200 times too small and stopping before nodes.

I have a drawing where the linetype scale has to be set at 20 for it to appear correctly, whereas we normally use linetype scale 0.1.  I've also noticed that the dashes don't go up to the end node like they're supposed to. I've attached two dwg files showing it how it's supposed to be and how it's shown in the problematic drawing.

When copying the polyline from the problematic drawing into a drawing that doesn't have this issue, it appears correctly. When copying a polyline from a drawing without the issue into the problematic drawing, the new polyline has this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: jscolesVWCD9

It's the linetype in the "incorrect" drawing which is wrong. AutoCAD will get the settings originally from the linetype file, but will save them in the drawing. The dashed line in your incorrect file is corrupted. See the two images below. The first one shows the linetype dialog box from your "incorrect" file. The second image shows what the linetype dialog box should look like.

I suggest you make sure nothing is using the dashed linetype in the "incorrect" file. Then purge the linetype from the drawing and then reload it.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
jscolesVWCD9
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you very much. This sorted the problem out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report