Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input multiple points in using Geolocation or CSV file input

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
981 Views, 3 Replies

Input multiple points in using Geolocation or CSV file input

Can anyone explain how to input multiple points in autocad lt using a csv file? is this possible?

I am using the geolocation tool and would like to add multiple points in lat long format from google earth.

Anything helps. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a script to import multiple points. 

This KB has the sample script at the bottom of the page. You might want to read some of the links too.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for the response. I am not sure if this .scr file example is broken or if it's user error. When I download the file it comes in as a zip folder. Then when I try to open the zip folder I get an error saying that the compressed zip folder is invalid. When I drop the folder (just for kicks) into AutoCAD LT, it creates a square-like polygon. Is this what I should see in the Sample? Any thoughts?

Message 4 of 4
edwin.prakoso

A script file is a sequence of AutoCAD commands. Instead of typing them on AutoCAD command line, you can write them in a .scr file. 

This is what inside of the sample file:

_MULTIPLE _POINT

You can open the script file with notepad and replace the coordinate with the value from your .csv file. This is a detailed explanation of how you can create an AutoCAD script: Learn how to write command scripts for AutoCAD and automate your plotting.

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report