Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing PDF Arc Segments aren't aligned or joined

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cforrestdrafting
843 Views, 5 Replies

Importing PDF Arc Segments aren't aligned or joined

When importing a PDF from certain architects/designers the arc segments and lines do not connect or join, and yes I have the "Join line and arc segments" option turned on. Polylines are still connected but it seems that every arc is slightly out of place. I am assuming it has to do with how it was drawn or the settings used when the original PDF was created.

It is really time consuming to rejoin each segment, and tracing is not accurate because of the shifts.

Is there any way to make sure all arcs and segments are imported as polylines or make sure they stay joined?

I have attached a .dwg with a couple of imports and clouded areas of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction to other threads.

AutoCAD LT 2021; Windows 10, 64 bit

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

When importing a PDF from certain architects/designers the arc segments and lines do not connect or join, and yes I have the "Join line and arc segments" option turned on. Polylines are still connected but it seems that every arc is slightly out of place. I am assuming it has to do with how it was drawn or the settings used when the original PDF was created.

It is really time consuming to rejoin each segment, and tracing is not accurate because of the shifts.

Is there any way to make sure all arcs and segments are imported as polylines or make sure they stay joined?

I have attached a .dwg with a couple of imports and clouded areas of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction to other threads.

AutoCAD LT 2021; Windows 10, 64 bit

Message 3 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: cforrestdrafting

We would need to see the original PDF as well, but it certainly looks like the PDF was not of great quality. There is no way in LT to do anything other than manually edit what is in your dwg file.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

>>>... from certain architects/designers...<<<
There is no easy automated fix for bad drafting, but what you posted could be a flaw in the PDF import as well if you zoomed in on the PDF in that area and say no issues. it's a lack of precision in the PDF format.
If it's that important to you, ask those file creators for the actual CAD files in DWG format instead.

pendean_0-1619110094407.png

Message 5 of 6
cforrestdrafting
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for the quick response. I would rather not upload the original PDF for privacy concerns, but they look clean even upon zooming way in. It's a pretty big architectural outfit, but who knows what their standards are. Guess I'm doomed to tedious reconnecting and redrawing.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Ask for their DWG files: they sent PDF because you are not actually contracted with them I suspect, no protection in it for them legally from your reuse of their content. Ask/Inquire with them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report