Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing hatch patterns

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
9483 Views, 19 Replies

importing hatch patterns

I'm trying to import all my old hatch patterns from ACAD2006 into 2016LT. I have dumped all the old .PAT files into the D:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2016\R22\enu\Support directory and pointed there in the suport siles search path.

However, I still dont see all the patterns that were available previously. There are a number of .PAT files, including individual patterns along with files named acad.pat, acad2, acadiso, acadlt, acadltiso, acado, archt.

All of the individual patterns plus the grouped .PAT files show up on the hatch pallette tab under "custom", but of course you can only choose an individual pattern, not see what is within a group like "archt.pat" for example

Then there are a number of patterns under the "other predefined" tab, but not as many as should be, and not any from the various .PAT files, I dont think.

One of the patterns I am looking for is called "rough-sq". When I searched even within all of the .PAT files for this text it does not show up anywhere.

Any ideas?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

And R2006 did all of these things using the core commands and features in R2006? Or did you used to run a custom add-on that did these for you? It's been a while but I don't remember it doing all these things you mentioned.

BTW, any reason you've not migrated hatch patterns into ToolPalettes for the best built-in method of sorting them into groups and easier use? TPs are not just for blocks anymore.

For customization like hatch patterns/linetypes/blocks/more, I prefer to use my own folders and adding them to AutoCAD/LT's search paths: this avoids scattering the content into obscure folders like the one you listed. I can also push these folders to the top of the search list without adversely affecting other content. Try it sometime.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

As a first time user of ACAD LT 2016 I must ask, where are the .pat files?

I'm also trying to add some patterns I use constantly and I don't know where to put them.

I can't imagine they go in the Support file, I don't see any other .pat files there.

Message 4 of 20
Charles_Shade

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 201X\RXX\enu\Support

Or under OPTIONS, Files tab, Suport File Search Path; the top line should give you the location of the proper Support folder on your system.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Well, I think I should apologize for taking up your time. I didn't think that was the right location when I first opened it because I saw what I thought were only two patterns "autocadlt" and "autocadltiso". Actually I believe those are folders containing all the 80 some patterns.

So I went ahead and put my patterns in the Support folders and it worked, I can see them in the Hatch list.

Thank you, again and sorry for the trouble.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

Humm.

In the drawing, I see the patterns I inserted in the Support folder, they are listed along with the other patterns but I can not use them. They don't come in.

Any suggestions? I must be missiing a step.

Message 7 of 20
Charles_Shade

No trouble at all. Glad to help.

There is another Support Folder that many stumble into that can lead to confusion. My thought was that you found that Folder instead of the one you needed.

Message 8 of 20
Charles_Shade

Have you closed and re-opened LT?

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Just did. Still the same problem.

I'm attaching here the folder I'm inserting the patterns in. You can see most of the path up top.

Message 10 of 20
Charles_Shade

Are these new patterns for you?

And if so where did you get them?

You may want to open the PAT file that you have and make sure there is a blank return <Enter> at the end of the file. This is required for the Pattern to function.

The CBLFLD Pattern that I use is attached.

Message 11 of 20
pendean

Custom Hatch patterns/ PAT-extension file rules:

1. File name and hatch pattern name must be one and the same.
2. One hatch pattern per file.
3. there must be a single blank line at the end of the definition in the PAT file.
4. The PAT file must be in AutoCAD's search path.This can be any folder, simply add that folder to the search path using OPTIONS command>Files Tab>Support File Search Path.
5. You then find all of these new hatch patterns that you added under the CUSTOM option in HATCH command pop-up (or in the Ribbon).
6. You can edit PAT files with Windows Notepad.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

We've had the CBLFLD pattern since ACAD 2007 or maybe before. Then I transfered it to ACAD 2009 and now I'm trying to install it into ACAD LT 2016. It always worked before. The same with the FLDSTN pattern.

I've attached the two patterns here.

Message 13 of 20
Charles_Shade

Then this is odd to not work. I think I've had those at least as long. Came from Owens Corning I believe.

Your attachment is nothing but two Icons so there is nothing to look at.

Just for curiosity sake rename the one I posted and place in the Support folder and see if that works for you. It does here as well as the other you mentioned in my install of LT 2016.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Sorry about that. When I clicked those icons here they opened up the script.
I'll try the one you sent.
Thank you.

Gus Campuzano
ARCHITECTURAL DEPARTMENT

[LTS_Homes_Logo4Email (1-7-14)]
Message 15 of 20
pendean

Why did you paste images of icons into a word document? Do you not know how to ZIP files if that was your intent?
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

That worked!

I guess my pat must be corrupt or something.

If I'm not out of line and if you have it, can you send me the field stone pattern also? Or tell me where I can go ... to get it.

Thank you.

Message 17 of 20
Charles_Shade

Fieldstone and a couple others.

And Boral bought the patterns from Corning some years ago:

http://www.boralamerica.com/stone

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Thank you, Charles.

You're most generous.

I shouold accept this as the solution.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

I am using AutoCAD LT 2016 on Windows 10 and have no idea how to import a stonework hatch (PAT) pattern from an extranal source. The "help" is useless as it is not up to date. I do not see any of the options described in "help"

Please can somebody help me as most of my work is on stone buildings and the standard hatch patterns are rubbish

Message 20 of 20
pendean

the PAT file requirements for use:
1. File name and hatch pattern name must be one and the same.
2. One hatch pattern per file.
3. there must be a single blank line at the end of the definition in the PAT file.
4. The PAT file must be in AutoCAD's search path.This can be any folder, simply add that folder to the search path using OPTIONS command>Files Tab>Support File Search Path.
5. You then find all of these new hatch patterns that you added under the CUSTOM option in HATCH command pop-up (or in the Ribbon).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report