Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Data from QGIS in DXF. File Won't Change Linetype

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
917 Views, 4 Replies

Imported Data from QGIS in DXF. File Won't Change Linetype

I imported some data from QGIS into AutoCAD via DXF. File. I want to change the line type from continuous to hidden but it won't physically change its form. I have tried changing the LTS and paper scale but still nothing. My other lines that weren't imported are fine showing the change in line type. What is wrong here?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

When you select this line what does it tell you the linetype is in the properties palette? If it says the linetype is hidden then it is probably a scale issue. Can you post a copy of the file?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

For sure, I attached my file in question with my reply. The lines I am trying to change to hidden are the light pink contour lines, I imported them from QGIS. As you can see though from the red hidden line, other lines are able to appear hidden, just not the pink ones that I want.

Message 4 of 5
hwalker

Your contour lines are 3D polylines they need to be 2D polylines and the linetype scale needs to be tiny see the images below. The first image is your polyline. The second image is the polyline I created by exploding your 3D polyline and then joining it back together. The drawing is attached as well

Capture1.JPGCapture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

It worked! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report