Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image frames haunting drawings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
marchitect_nc
888 Views, 6 Replies

Image frames haunting drawings

Recently I began using inserted jpg graphics in my drawings, but constantly have problems with the image frame showing up. I was creating the pdf's by using the Exportpdf command for single sheets and Publish to pdf for multiple sheets.

I have tried turning all frames off, setting Frameselection to off, etc, nothing has worked consistently, the image border seems to haunt my drawings.

In the past I used pdf995 to create pdf's but had abandoned it when LT's pdf creation module was improved. Today I downloaded pdf995 and created the pdf's using it and guess what...NO frames around the images in the pdf's.

Unfortunately this means not being able to create the nice sheet sets like ACAD LT can do using Publish, or I have to make it a policy to never use inserted images in my construction drawings...bummer.

m

Windows 7

LT2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bob_mpc
in reply to: marchitect_nc

In LT2013, the IMAGEFRAME=0 or =2 setting works fine.

I can only propose workaround - attach the images in a layer with lineweght=0, color 255 (it will be almost invisible)

One more point, are you attaching or pasting the images? If you paste them, then set OLEFRAME

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 3 of 7
pendean

You can PUBLISH to any driver installed on your PC, even a 3rd party PDF driver: whomever told you otherwise was misinformed.

Do you need help setting up PUBLISH and SSM with outside drivers?
Message 4 of 7
marchitect_nc
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do need help.

Thanks,

m

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Click on this link, second half that starts with "Change the format in publish dialog":
http://www.cad-notes.com/change-plotter-when-publishing-with-autocad/
Message 6 of 7
marchitect_nc
in reply to: pendean

Hi All,

I wasn't successful in setting up a page so that I could publish to the pdf995 driver...none of the setting changes would stick, when I clicked Close it reset back to some default...

But the idea from Bob_mpc about setting lineweight to 0 and color to 255 did provide an acceptable solution.

Setting the oleframe to 0 had no effect, still had the bold border...

Thanks all,

m

ps...I had another go at publishing to the pdf995 driver and it worked! What I was missing was changing the default page setup in the Publish dialog box. It's not aparent that you can click the list under the Page setup column...and you have to set it for every sheet.

Thanks Dean!

m

Message 7 of 7
MihaiAnghius
in reply to: bob_mpc

Simple yet inginious workaround thank you bob 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost