Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change 'Z' axis into 'X' or 'Y' axis / move items from 'Z' axis to 'X' or 'Y' axis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
harveyXRS9Z
471 Views, 3 Replies

How to change 'Z' axis into 'X' or 'Y' axis / move items from 'Z' axis to 'X' or 'Y' axis

Hello,

I am wanting to know how I can either change the 'Z' axis into the 'X' or 'Y' axis or move items from the 'Z' axis to the 'X' or 'Y' axis on AutoCAD LT.

I use a laser templater and the software that comes with it is full 3D.  I can export this to a DXF so I can work on it in AutoCAD LT.  Typically I'm measuring flat countertops and the like, so when I export to a DXF, the drawing is essentially in the 'X' and 'Y' axis, and I flatten any height in the 'Z' axis to '0'.

However, I've measured a vertical element, so the drawing is mainly in the 'Z' axis.  When I copy the drawing/elements into AutoCAD LT, what is a rectangle in the 'Z' axis essentially appears as a line, because in essence you are viewing the rectangle from above.

I would like this 'rectangle' to be in the normal 'X' and 'Y' axis.  Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: harveyXRS9Z

@harveyXRS9Z You need to rotate your object(s) into position if you want this file to be correct x,y forever: there is no swap-option if setting PLAN command to CURRENT UCS is not going to work for you.

Here is how to try and do that https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLT/2024/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-9DB2CB8C-7FB7-45A4-83A7-82FFC53FC...

I've not tried it but ALIGN command might work too 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLT/2024/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-D0FA10D5-76EE-4B80-A285-43C7F3991....

Message 3 of 4
tramber

I usually play with UCS a lot.

I even send UCS, then FRONT or RIGHT, etc... whatever, with the keyboard, directly, it works.

And i often play with Copy and paste, doing so. No need for any of the 3DRotation commands that don't even exist (i guess) under LT.

A lot of my colleagues deal with DXF from scanner pleased to a perfect knowledge of the very easy and unique UCS command ! My best advice : be a king with UCSs 😉

Learn all that is around that functionnality : 

UCSFOLLOW

PLAN

UCSICON

UCSMAN

And the totality of UCS options in the command line, off course !

Message 4 of 4
harveyXRS9Z

Thanks.

I managed to get what I wanted with the UCS command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report