Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Tool Palettes AutoCAD LT 22

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
p.caton
1380 Views, 12 Replies

How to access Tool Palettes AutoCAD LT 22

I have just bought AutoCAD LT 22 but am unable to access tool palettes - they just show 8 samples ( 4 metric , four imperial) in each category. Do I have to download comprehensive tool palettes separately ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: p.caton

Plain AutoCAD (and the LT versions) only come provided with basic sample libraries, as both programs are NOT designed for any industry whatsoever. you will have to build your own library from content you have or create or get from the web, or purchase as a library kit from an outside source.

Were you used to using another CAD program, or a specialized variant of AutoCAD before today? If yes to either, which ones?

Message 3 of 13
p.caton
in reply to: pendean

Yes I was using Student AutoCAD which is similar to the full version which includes the palettes. Thanks for your reply
Phil
Message 4 of 13
cadffm

Hi,

There is no " Student AutoCAD " version, so whatever you think, you are wrong.

(there are "Student license", but the programs are the SAME!)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
cadffm

Perhaps you are talking of the wrong product, perhaps you are using "AutoCAD LT FOR MAC",

which is another software!

Toolpalettes are a microsoft(window) thing! - same with a "Ribbon",

such things are not available in "for Mac" programs, by nature.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Perhaps you don't have all the samples on?

Same exact free palettes exist in both programs, EDU and Commercial versions: you must have added (or someone shared with you) an extended library of blocks to use, see below

pendean_0-1633968489168.png

Message 7 of 13
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm  schrieb:

Perhaps you are talking of the wrong product, perhaps you are using "AutoCAD LT FOR MAC",

which is another software!

Toolpalettes are a microsoft(window) thing! - same with a "Ribbon",

such things are not available in "for Mac" programs, by nature.

Sorry, i missed the fact of your first post:

" they just show 8 samples ( 4 metric , four imperial) in each category."

So you have AutoCAD (for windows) and you can see the toolpalettes,

just not happy with the content, i see.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
p.caton

I am using AutoCAD LT 22 which does not come with the same library of Tool Palettes as does AutoCAD 22 according to a member of the Autodesk expert network

Message 9 of 13
p.caton

I was using a student version of AutoCAD 2016 but the license expired in September this year, I bought AutoCAD LT a week ago which doesn't have the tool palette library

Message 10 of 13
p.caton

I am now just as confused as to begin with - does AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT have more than the  8 samples ( 4 metric , four imperial) in each category as shown in message 6 ? 

Message 11 of 13
pendean

@p.caton Which "expert" was that? Because that's false. Now you know the truth.
This reality applies to AutoCAD/LT 2016, older versions, and newer versions.

I am curious though: can you post a screenshot of all of your current toolpalettes in LT2022 that you seem unhappy with?
And can you actually detail/remember what names of blocks and libraries you had from AutoCA2016?

OR... do you just need help moving your old library of blocks from AutoCAD2016, that you spent years putting together, into AutoCAD/LT2022?
Message 12 of 13
p.caton

You were correct when you said the sample palettes are the same for both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT I have realised now thanks for your help ! I am fairly new to this so thanks for your patience

Message 13 of 13
p.caton

Not many years putting tool palettes together I can confirm !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report