Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a new layout of viewports?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
miajpilgrim
219 Views, 4 Replies

How can I create a new layout of viewports?

In AutoCAD LT Viewports window, I see default options such as Single, Two: Vertical and Four: Equal for viewport layouts. 

I do not see any option to specify that I would like a new layout, for example 4x2.

Can this be done easily?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_s_walker
in reply to: miajpilgrim

No you are stuck with the default ones

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
miajpilgrim

Thank you for the quick response - Is there a way to equally space the viewports on a title block after I have placed them? For example if I use Four: Equal twice.

Also - is this a limitation of both AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
h_s_walker

I wouldn't know about full AutoCAD, but I would post your drawing and an image of what you are trying to do.

It sounds like you are confusing the viewports which you create in paper space with the multiple window view which can only be done in model space

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
cadffm

Hi,

@miajpilgrim wrote:
>>"How can I create a new layout of viewports?"

Set up your "layout of viewports" and save them as 'named viewports'
Note1: This is available in modelspace only. All you need is the known command _VIEWPORTS

or _VPORTS

>>" Equal for viewport layouts. "

Note2: This function was created for modelspace and is still primarily used for this purpose.

In Layouts, you would create a whole layout as template for usual, not just the viewports.

>>"I do not see any option to specify that I would like a new layout, for example 4x2."

As I wrote abouve:

If possible in Modelspace, easy to create it: 1. Create Viewport like you wish (4x2) for example, this is possible by creation viewports inside another one, or use the viewport slide/grips or by deleting viewports.

cadffm_1-1702291384091.png

cadffm_0-1702291231409.png

>>"Is there a way to equally space the viewports on a title block after I have placed them?"

Most common commands to edit the view in Autocad are ZOOM and PAN (and also -PAN),

there is no hidden other function.

>>"For example if I use Four: Equal twice."

I can't follow you, but I think my reply above explain all situations.

>>"Also - is this a limitation of both AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD?"

Not sure what you mean.

Model: No limitations

Layout: You can use default and named viewports, but you can't create new named viewports here.

Again: For Layouts, usually you starting with a drawing from template which incl. varries of Layouts

or you import layouts from such a file.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report