Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with pre-2009 drawings in AutoCad 2009LT

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
590 Views, 29 Replies

Having trouble with pre-2009 drawings in AutoCad 2009LT

For some reason when I open drawings created with older versions of CAD in my new Autocad 2009 LT certain things are missing, mostly text blocks (MText?). Has anyone had this happen, and does anyone know how to get these text items to show up??
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You're spinning my statement. I asked if the problem could be going from XP to Vista and you said don't believe the myth of xp vs vista. If the same program works on one and not the other, then there's definately something different between the two..IE Myth? Your statement about 'blaming' old DOS software or whatever is just a spin away from the topic.
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous

No spin, just a fact: 2006 and Vista are not compatible, just because one
still comes from Autodesk and the other still comes from Microsoft does not
mean they SHOULD run together.

Know what you are seeking before you assume anything.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous

Please don't assume or talk down to me. You are the one who said that there is a myth about XP vs. Vista, I never said autocad 06 SHOULD work on Vista. THAT is where you are assuming (and changing your argument).

All I'm looking for is a solution as to my my new Compaq running Autocad LT 2009 on Vista cannot see the same text that Autocad LT 2006 on XP can? My Compaq is new with all default setting, and my Autocad LT 2009 is new with all default settings. So if Autodesk thinks this text should showup via default then my product may be faulty? Although just reading here shows MANY others with text issues very similar to mine with no real solutions listed either. So this doesn't appear to be an isolated case.

If I supply my product, floor plans, for someone and I call a "master bedroom" a "kitchen" and they understandibly want it fixed...should they have to pay extra money for that (IE fee based support!?) for something that SHOULD be a certain way to begin with??
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous

Ken,
When you open the drawing you say the text does not show up. What about other graphics? Lines, symbols etc?
If you make a crossing window in the area where your text should be, is anything detected? If so, list it.
Seems like I encountered this once upon a time and it was something simple in my case. Units settings were goofed up.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous

I've tried to see if the text was there somehow (hidden layer, shrunk size) but nothing is there. I've done the window highlight thing and it detects nothing either. It's ONLY text that this problem occurs with and it's only some text, but it pretty much occurs in all of my old 2006 LT files when I try to open them in 2009 LT (going back to 2006 LT and the text is still there).

I'll see if there's something about unit settings that can be changed but whatever is there should be 2009 LT default as I haven't changed anything.

Thanks for the reply!! 🙂
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

Your sample looks fine in LT2009 here on my HP/Compaq laptop and desktop in
Vista. See my previous posts on the topic of your sample and the text.

Open the sample file you posted here in LT2009: if you see no text, use
CTRL+A to select everything on screen, and provide a screenshot of your
entire screen (LT program and Windows taskbar) for a review.
Repeat with LT2006 if you can as well, the ctrl+A and screenshot.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous

The file I uploaded previous was from the computer with the 2006 LT loaded. That same file, if imported to my 2009 LT computer wouldn't show the text.

Attached here is a file loaded from my 2009 LT computer. On my end there are numerous arrows with not text as well as some empty or mostly empty text boxes.

Is it possible that previously exploded MText messes up going from 2006 LT to 2009 LT?
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous

Your LT2009 file contains no text or traces of text except for exploded
dimensions and notations.

I can't replicate your problem with your first sample.

--
Dean Saadallah
--
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous

Dean Saadallah, THAT is the problem. When I open these files in 2006 LT they have all of my text, when I open them in 2009 LT some text is gone. Not on an off layer, not exploded, nothing...just gone?! I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled autocad LT 2009 (as Autodesk recommended) but this didn't fix the issue either. I sent this file to a friend of mine who has Autocad 2008 LT and he also cannot see this text.

Very hard to believe that with the other posts I've seen here with similar issues that this is something so tough to solve!

Thanks for your help Dean, I appreciate any peer-to-peer help I can get!
Message 30 of 30
Anonymous

I asked a friend to open your LT2009 saved file in R2005, no text
re-appeared, like none appeared in LT2009 over here. We both can see the
text in your first sample just fine.

Your LT2009 created sample file contains no text at those leaders for any
version to see or access. So, you are telling me your LT2009 somehow deletes
text is beyond anything I can recreate.

You will need to pony-up and inquire with Autodesk direct for support. You
got something else going on.

--
Dean Saadallah
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report