Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FONTALT not replacing diameter symbol with alternative font in 2025

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
LydiaB_GrummelEng
394 Views, 9 Replies

FONTALT not replacing diameter symbol with alternative font in 2025

Hello!

My company just upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2025.  In the past versions we were able to use the FONTALT setting to automatically use a secondary font for a few symbols that our primary font does not contain.  The diameter symbol is the one we are primarily concerned with.

We use a TTF Sphand for our font in general, and used to use the TTF Isocteur as our alternative font.  When we would type a diameter symbol in any text box CAD would automatically substitute Isocteur as Sphand does not have the diameter symbols.

Now in 2025 instead of substituting the alternative font automatically when we enter a diameter symbol, the text sticks to Sphand and makes an invisible diameter symbol that we have to then select and manually change the font to Isocteur.

LydiaB_GrummelEng_0-1719509615534.pngLydiaB_GrummelEng_1-1719509647908.png

LydiaB_GrummelEng_0-1719509951006.png

I checked that FONTALT is still set to Isocteur and had migrated my settings when I upgraded to 2025.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: LydiaB_GrummelEng

What older versions did you move from?
And did you all remember to move with it all of your custom and required font files too? They do not move on heir own or through a migration tool option depending on how it was done.

Since almost everyone here has LT2025 nd older, you can share a DWG sample file so we all can see if we can replicate your issue here as well.
Message 3 of 10

We moved from AutoCAD LT 2021.  I thought I had everything mapping correctly but it's of course possible I've overlooked something.  Hoping someone on here might be able to point me in a few directions to check.  Here's an  etransmit of a file that I can replicate the issue within.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Thanks for the DWG file @LydiaB_GrummelEng 

I don't see your original screenshot content anywhere in it, or your custom font, where would they be please? We will need that to observe your issue 100%

pendean_0-1719520294503.png

Not having any issues here with our chosen FONTALT setting

pendean_0-1719520504721.png

pendean_1-1719520543641.png

Message 5 of 10
LydiaB_GrummelEng
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your quick reply.  Here is a file with the text from my screenshots and the fonts we are trying to use.  Sphand is the main font and Isocteur is our alternate.

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Thank you for the font @LydiaB_GrummelEng 

I can replicate your LT2025 issue in LT2024 and LT2023: I am not running any older versions, so I cannot confirm LT2021 does or does not do the same.

It appears the changes, if any, took place a few versions back it seems.

Message 7 of 10
LydiaB_GrummelEng

Thank you for looking, does that mean it's not something that can be fixed?

Message 8 of 10

I've tried it in LT2016 and it substitutes all the text

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 10
pendean

@LydiaB_GrummelEng wrote:

Thank you for looking, does that mean it's not something that can be fixed?

We've never relied on it in our offices when I asked around, plus we actively avoid using unique custom fonts since we share DWGs with many project partners, so my guess is probably no fix.

Here are ways to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S...

Message 10 of 10
LydiaB_GrummelEng

Gotcha, ok thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report