Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet goes the wrong way

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
apstevenson
36856 Views, 11 Replies

Fillet goes the wrong way

I'm having trouble with the fillet command. Radius is set to 3 mm but 2 of the internal corner are going the wrong way. Attached are before and after pictures. 2 of the intenal corners are filleted to 3 mm, the other 2 balloon in when I want them like the other 2. I have tried reversing the polyline but no joy. I had to make a polyline as it siad that it could not fillet the lines when they were a curve (simple curve witha radius) and a straight line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Using LT 2016 on Windows 7

Thanks.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hwalker
in reply to: apstevenson

Which way are you selecting the lines. That can affect which way the fillet goes.

Is that shape a polyline? If it isn't make it a closed polyline and then get Autocad to fillet the polyline.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 12
apstevenson
in reply to: hwalker

It doesn't matter which order I select them and it's the same result filleting the polyline, very odd...

Message 4 of 12
drjohn

@apstevenson wrote:

It doesn't matter which order I select them and it's the same result filleting the polyline, very odd...

Try using the polyline selection from the fillet command rather than individual picks for each corner.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 12
pendean

... Or share the actual DWG file and your entities for myself instead of the pictures if that's possible.

Message 6 of 12
apstevenson
in reply to: drjohn

In the end I deleted the item, redrew it and it worked without issue

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Since it is a polyline you could have reversed the polyline as this does help sometimes, even connecting to a seperate object which is where I often encounter this issue.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I had the same issue. In the end the two parts were not joint when made. Changed it in the feature and worked.

Message 9 of 12
mehrdad.design9
in reply to: hwalker

Hello, what i am saying does not make sense to m ebut if you do it it works. Usually we explode a shape but this time just explode your line and then do the chamfer again. It seems there is something with the line that with explodeing it will go away. Good luck.

Message 10 of 12

What I've found is that you have to start the fillet on the end of the first line. for the second click try clicking past the mid-point of the line you are connecting to and see if that works.

Message 11 of 12

Click on the line farther away from the corner you are filleting. 

Message 12 of 12
filip_rasic

If you explode the polyliline and then fillet it works as it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report