Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express tools missing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
3D-Steve
4700 Views, 8 Replies

Express tools missing

Sorry, this is kind of a work emergency. I am missing my express tools tab for autcad. I need to change a few keyboard shortcuts. Also, the backspace key won't delete lines within AutoCAD. Unless there is a way I can edit it without the tools tab. thank you

dyesteven15_0-1676043403731.png

I tried this method already with no luck

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: 3D-Steve

@3D-Steve The LT versions of AutoCAD do NOT have Express Tools: all part of the discount pricing that is LT over full AutoCAD.

Command shortcuts in AutoCAD and LT can and have always been able to be set/changed by editing the PGP files then reloading them, like this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Au...

Message 3 of 9
3D-Steve
in reply to: pendean

Ok what about regular tools?  I just need to switch a few hot keys. I use that for the lt version

Message 4 of 9
h_s_walker

What "regular" tools are you talking about? As Dean has already said try editing the PGP file.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 9
3D-Steve
in reply to: h_s_walker

20230210_114938.jpg

This is what I have at work.

asdasdadxas.JPG

 This is what I have now. I need to delete things with backspace and create 1 hot key. I don't think that should difficult to do

Message 6 of 9
3D-Steve

Captursssse.JPG

 Is the the pgp? I apologize in advance I am having a very stressful day

Message 7 of 9
pendean

AutoCADLT for MAC (what you have at home?) does not look like and cannot be made to look like AutoCADLT for Windows (what you want to match from work?).

Sorry. You are out of luck.

In AutoCAD/LT for Windows, the DELETE key on the keyboard acts as an ERASE, not the backspace key.

Message 8 of 9
3D-Steve
in reply to: pendean

Ok, so what would be the quickest way to delete a line in cad if it's not backspace? I am in windows. The other keyboard shortcut I need is "selectsimilar"

Message 9 of 9
pendean

@3D-Steve wrote:

Ok, so what would be the quickest way to delete a line in cad if it's not backspace? I am in windows. The other keyboard shortcut I need is "selectsimilar"

As I noted earlier....

DEL key on the keyboard works for all of us Windows users if your PICKFIRST and PICKADD variables are set to defaults as listed in HELP.

ALSO...
ERASE command (abbreviation is E for most of us)

OR

CUTCLIP command (aka ctrl+X)

OR... if you have the type of mouse with more than the stock usual buttons, you can assign a mouse-button to DEL as well.

For SELECTSIMILAR you can create whatever abbreviation you want, link provided above for PGP editing on how to set that up for yourself.

You can also right-click to select it.

You can also edit the CUI interface to add a key combo here

pendean_0-1676060297732.png

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report