Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Coordinates from 2D Polylines

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wchen5
41552 Views, 7 Replies

Export Coordinates from 2D Polylines

Dear Sir,
I got a 2D polyline drawing, which was made by more than thousands of nodes, and I want to know all the coordinates of the nodes on that polyline. Except using a mouse to locate each of them, do you know another good way to make it faster? Thanks.
Chen
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: wchen5

DXFOUT the polyline and inspect the resulting dxf file. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "wchen5" wrote in message news:19224475.1105557858754.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Dear Sir, > I got a 2D polyline drawing, which was made by more than thousands of > nodes, and I want to know all the coordinates of the nodes on that > polyline. Except using a mouse to locate each of them, do you know another > good way to make it faster? Thanks. > Chen
Message 3 of 8
jholt

Man, I just gotta know what kind of work you are doing to need a pline made with many thousands of nodes. I have made some long and complicated ones, myself, but this is collosal.

Please, do tell us about it.

jeff <><
Message 4 of 8
workworkwork

If you LIST the pline and press F2, you can right click in the text window and copy the contents to another application such as excel or word for a printout or manipulation.......

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Got any pointers to give? Reading a DXF file is not easy for the un-initiated. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

LIST command, read every node point it returns. You can copy/paste to something outside LT that can manage it if you need it. The list starts from your Pline 'start' point and remains in sequence right to the end. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 7 of 8
abhijit.kulkarni

Message 8 of 8
ak.workpost
in reply to: jholt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost