Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edited & shared block issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Frank_dwg
205 Views, 2 Replies

edited & shared block issue.

Hi all,

in the office we work on a server and individual laptops, my supervisor working on a dxf file inserted a block (storm water pit), edited it, (rotate/mirror & scale) , he saved the file as usual in the project folder on the server.

Upon opening it I found the block but without his modifications...  any idea? 

I also have similar issue by clipbord copy etited legends blocks from one drawing to the other.. I can copy block but without modification..

any help is much appreciated!

thanks!!

(Auctocad LT 2021)

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Frank_dwg

You opened the incorrect file (or incorrect location): why don't you and your supervisor collaborate together, they open the file the edited, you confirm the edits are in place, and while they keep that file open, you go to your PC and open it, you'll know if you have the same or different files open.
Message 3 of 3
Frank_dwg
in reply to: Frank_dwg

thanks for your suggestion will try that... although I'm 100% certain I opened the same file, the block was there but in "standard" form not edited.

For some reasons we don't work on the same file at the same time, they ask me to close it before they open it...don't ask me why.... 

As mentioned above I have similar issue by copying edited blocks from other files/drawings... when I paste them they are in "standard" form , not eited like the one i copied, if that make sense...

thank you...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report