Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWGUnits and Array

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
647 Views, 10 Replies

DWGUnits and Array

I am struggling with drawing units. I need to change the units from milimeters to inches. It works all fine with using -DWGUNITS except arrays. All the arrays of blocks are scaled actually two times so the objects appear smaller. The blocks have are defined wtih mm units. Single blocks (not in array) are scaled correctly. If I set the block unit to unitless it scales correctly but that doesn't sound as a good solution to me. Could anybody help, please?

ff_1-1590652135986.png

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

What are the responses you are giving during the -dwgunits command? (can you show us the command history F2) is your original drawing based on a metric template, where the blocks created in this drawing or in an external library.

Message 3 of 11
steven-g
in reply to: steven-g

OK I tried a test, indeed odd behaviour, not what I would expect from running the -dwgunits command, it would be worthwhile posting this in the product feedback pages and see if you get a response from there, but yes, for now, the way around this is to make the block unitless (at least prior to running -dwgunits).

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for testing Steven. At least I can see I am not the only one who finds it odd.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

check the settings of the block whether its set to scale uniformly or not and it's units and whether it's annotative. HTH

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I include it in dwg file.

scale uniformly: yes

units: mm

annotative: no

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

You may have your issue there in front of you. If your block is in mm and you stated you want in inches. Scale the block with the scale factor going from mm to inches or redraw the block in inches. The actual drawing is it in mm or inches? Lots to check and make sure they match.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

The issue is that I work in mm. But if I want to send the drawing to colleagues in U.S. I use change the units by -DWGUNITS. The test file is made in mm just to test the units conversion. Try to apply -DWGUNITS and will see what happens.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

You need to figure out your conversion factor and scale your drawing accordingly.  If I had a drawing in inches and I need it to be in feet, I would scale the drawing by 12 and reset the units.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

eeeeeeh. I know math. But there is a tool how to change the units in more sophisticated way. Additionally, when U.S. people try to use scale factor to scale from inches to milimeters they always fail as they always round the scale factor (1/25.4)... 

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Perhaps you and your US counterparts need more robust contractual agreements that cover the details of files exchanges, and perhaps a quick review for everyone on why XREFs are the better approach here instead of everyone messing with each others actual DWG files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report