Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draworder lost when switching layouts

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
4480 Views, 22 Replies

Draworder lost when switching layouts

Hello.  I have a Raster Image in paper space with some line-work over the top.  When switching to a different layout, and then returning to the original, the lines have been placed under the raster image.

No amount of using draworder to bring the lines to the front again, and pushing the raster to the back is fixing this.

No matter what I do, switching layouts is causing the raster image to always appear at the front.  I have tried setting DRAWORDERCTL to 0, 1, 2 and 3 but this has no effect.

Any help is much appropriated.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
h_s_walker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

Have you tried using REGEN? this redraws the page, which might get your lines back to the front.

Otherwise

use COPY TO CLIPBOARD WITH BASEPOINT and select all your linework and choose a basepoint of 0,0. Then delete all your linework and then paste from clipboard at 0,0. Anything new in the drawing is always drawn on top of anything else

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

Hi hwalker.

Message 4 of 23
pendean

Does this happen in ALL files, in ALL layouts, or just this one file or one layout?
I am unable to reproduce your issue here in LT2019. Do this: start a new file, repeat the problem with a generic raster image in a layout, if that happens, post this new dwg file an its raster image here for someone to review.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean, yes it seems to be all drawings that I'm having this issue with.

I've attached a brand new drawing created from the acadltiso.dwt template.  Inside there is a raster image with two red lines over the top.

When I send the lines to the back, they will indeed move back behind the image.

Using REGEN the lines stay there as expected.

If I then switch to Layout 2 and then back to Layout 1, the two lines will be back over the top of the image once again.

Thanks

Marc.

Message 6 of 23
pendean

Thanks for the files: I'm having no such problems at all in LT2019 with your two red lines over the landscape image in the file jumping between layouts or modelspace and back.

If you click on modelspace then back to this layout, does the problem persist?
In OPTIONS command's SYSTEM tab, is the option REGEN WHEN SWITCHING LAYOUTS on? It should be, if not, test gain with it on.

If needed, also turn off hardware acceleration in GRAPHICSCONFIG command and test as well. Post a screenshot of this pop-up if all the above did not help.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous

Sending the lines behind and then switching to Model and back to Layout 1 works perfectly.  It's only switching between to different layouts when the problem occurs.

My Layout Regen Options were set to 'Cache Model Tab and all layouts'.  I chose Regen when Switching Layouts but this still didn't fix it.

I also tried the second option 'cache model tab and last layout' just to try every possible option but didn't work either.

I've also tried all the above options with hardware acceleration on and off and still no luck.

Marc.

Message 8 of 23
pendean

in the GRAPHICSCONFIG pop-up, is directx11 being used?

Glad you found one workaround t least.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

Yes it is........

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 23
pendean

I wonder if your problem is due to only having the Intel HD Graphics running under classic mode: my dedicated video card is running 2D Display Settings at the Advanced Mode level.

Either way, you have one fix at least. Happy Cadding.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

Nope, it's still not fixed.  We have several layouts and need to switch between them all, and doing so causes the problem.

I don't think it's a graphics card problem as this never used to happen in LT 2018.

Message 12 of 23
pendean

FWIW Graphics subsystem between 2019 and 2018 changed: the new version has newer requirements, its not the exact same-old same-old. Your bargain Intel HD may need updated drivers if and when they are available next, or you need to consider an add-on video card option that is not running in minimum mode in LT2019.

EDIT: I should add, if you want a recommendation we are all running NVIdia P4000 8GB video cards here and so far its been great in 2018s-2019s AUtoCAD/LT and REVIT.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

Thanks Dean.  it looks like my laptop isn't good enough to run 2019 so I've reverted back to 2018 and now I have no issues whatsoever.

Thanks for the info.

Message 14 of 23
mvm68

I created a drawing in AutoCAD LT 2018, did hatching and used hatchtoback. All works well. I then opened the drawing in AutoCAD LT 2019 and the hatches still display as expected. Switching between layouts has no effect and they display correctly. Then while in LT 2019 I add a new hatch in Layout view, hatchtoback to display correctly...then switch to another layout and back and the hatch is on top. The hatches that were done in LT 2018 still show properly, behind.

I have the same issue, when switching to model space and back the hatch stays behind. It's only when switching from layout view to layout view that the hatch goes back to the front. Could it be a graphics card issue though?

I then, while in LT 2019, went to model space and added a new hatch on top of text and lines. Hatchtoback does its thing and puts the hatch behind. I switch to a layout view and back and the hatch is still properly showing behind. It looks like hatchtoback works in model space but not layout view.

I'm leaning towards a glitch in the 2019 release.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: mvm68

Hi guys,

I have the same problem since I installed LT 2019!

When I import or copy blocks from another drawing (my library drawing F.E.) the draw order gets screwed up and all hatches move to front.

Regen or Regenall has no effect at all. The only thing that works is opening the block editor, sending the hatch to the back with the hatch to back command and then close and save the block.

In a drawing itself you can only use hatch to back, but it has no effect on blocks. (as it should!).

It's quite annoying, I think it might be a bug as well... I had no problems before in any of the older versions. 

Many thanks!

Sincere greetings,

Sigrid

Message 16 of 23
mvm68

When you start AutoCAD LT, there is a "Feedback" button on the Start screen. I sent in feedback and Autodesk sent me a hotfix for this issue. I downloaded their file, installed, and the bug is now fixed. Try sending in feedback. I'm not sure if it's the same fix for the issue with blocks that you're having, but may be worth a try.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: mvm68

Thanks, I'll try!

Message 18 of 23
Victoria.Studley

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you able to install the AutoCAD 2019.0.1 Update Draw Order Hotfix and did it help resolve the issue for you?

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hello,

It worked !! Thank you SO much!

Sincere greetings,

Sigrid
Message 20 of 23
Anonymous

I have this same issue and was hoping to fix it. However the link provided goes to a missing page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report