Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning in model space.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
601 Views, 3 Replies

Dimensioning in model space.

I'm trying out a trial version of  Autocad lt 2017. When I use the DIM command in model space, the dimension lines and extension lines are visible, but the architectural ticks and dimension text are not. Something must be set wrong. The DIM command works alright in paper space. I've tried everything I can think of with layers and DIMSTYLE, but nothing seems to work. I'm stymied. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like your text size is setup for paper size, it will all be there in model space you just need to zoom in a long way to see it, either alter your dim style for model space dims or look at using annotative dims.

Message 3 of 4
pendean

I your text and dimstyle set to be annotative?
What previous version of AutoCAD have you used?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Type in dimstyle and click on which dimension style you're using by taking off "Style Override". This will fix the problem. The updated version sets the override so your dimensions will auto-update in paperspace for whatever scale you set in paperspace, but they also show in modelspace at that scale factor which makes them too tiny to read in modelspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report