Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog box location

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
724 Views, 6 Replies

Dialog box location

When I upgraded to LT 2020 and I open an Attribute Edit dialog box it is located at the bottom center of the display.  I am using an extended display with 4K and the laptop screen at 1080 and cannot or do not want to adjust both displays to the same resolution.

Is there a way to open the dialog box near the center of the screen as I have several window open and it gets lost and the OK or APPLY button is just above the bottom edge of the screen.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Which exact command is that? ATTEDIT or something else?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It is when I double click a block attribute and the dialog box indicates Enhanced Attribute Editor.

[cid:589dc52a-6170-4fb9-b328-3544fa0c10a3]

[cid:594c0161-202b-441c-84a1-792e81a5bc08]

The bottom dark line is the task bar

[cid:068c7d6e-6a0e-4255-959c-77b2b32578cb]

Full screen

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Freeze? Or by chance is that pop-up just off screen? Try this method to get it back into focus https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Dialog-window-does-not-d...

Ensure you are running LT2020.1.2 update: ABOUT command will confirm.

Then if all the above does not help, start GRAPHICSCONFIG command then turn off hardware accelerationas a test and try it again.
Message 5 of 7
sthompson1021

Maybe I am not understanding the question but if I double click a attribute to get the dialog box, I can left click on the top of the box and drag it to where I want it. The next time I open it, it is still where I dragged it too the last time I had it open.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sthompson1021

I seem to remember that too that it would stay where you put it. It is not a show stopper and when I get back to my office where there is a bit different monitor configuration I will see if it does the same thing.

At lease I know where to look for it instead of attempting to open a dozen dialog boxes.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Reconfigured the graphics by turning off hardware accelerations and the only thing that appeared to change is if I open a dialog box it would always open at the bottom of the monitor screen, even off the open AutoCAD LT window.  I can move it up on the screen to make the edits and changes and the next time I open it, it is in vertical alignment but still with the dialog box bottom touching the task bar.

Also the version is 2020.1.2 and there is a notification from Autodesk that there is an update available so may try to install that later today.

Thank you all for replying as I have decided that it is what is and now that I know where it will open, going forward.

Dale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report