Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hatch Pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1230 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Hatch Pattern

Would anybody be interested in helping me with a custom hatch pattern.  (see desired "pattern" in attachment).  We use this pattern for gravel areas on site plans.  It looks much more realistic.  Currently we have this pattern saved in a drawing, and have to go grab it & copy it over and over where we need it, then go back and clean it up.  It does not neccessarily have to be the exact pattern, however, something very similar (that gives the same look). would be great!

Any advice, or help would be great.  I know full Autocad 2016 has "XTRIM" however, we do use LT so it is not possible.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

EXTRIM, not xtrim, is an Express tool that trims within a shape you draw. may I ask what does that have to do with your hatch pattern? Or did you mean to refer to SUPERHATCH command, also an express tool, in AutoCAD?

Your 'hatch' looks like bubbles, nothing realistic about it to represent Gravel if you want a 30+year in-pratice Architect's point of view too 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

First: I am a landscape architect (not an architect)

Second: when plotting at 1/8" or 1/16" scales  (which is common in our area for residential submissions) this actually looks much better than the generic alternatives that Autocad provides.

Third: I know of the commands in the Full version of Autocad.  Which is why I mentioned them in the first place.  I am wanting to use a custom hatch pattern to get a look similar to the one provided while working in Autocad LT (which is why I posted in Autocad LT Forum).  I also know there is very little customization allow in LT other than macro, however, I know if you can get hatch patterns created & install them easily.  Just a matter of getting the correct hatch.

Take a look at the PDF to get a sense of what the hatch actually looks like...

Message 4 of 5
steven-g

For a hatch to work you need a repeatable pattern, take a look at the attached drawing, it shows the standard AR-CONC hatch split up into component parts, it is easy to see that the pattern has regular intervals.

One Problem that you face is that the gravel pattern is actually made up of circles, (a hatch can only contain lines), so you would need to work with at least a polygon shape to start with. It also looks as though in the original the circles are randomly placed. If you can come up with a pattern that is both lines and formed in a regular pattern, then creating a hatch is a bit more attainable.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Friend, If you need full AutoCAD, you ought to upgrade to it. LT offers no such features.

And let's get real, only us CAD users think any of these trees/bushes you drew are acceptable much either, so I would not sweat gravel hatching looking better or worst than anything else

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report