Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hatch not showing up

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mayawk
3813 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Hatch not showing up

Hello,

I recently switched from AutoCAD 2013 at my previous office to AutoCAD LT 2020 working for myself.  I transferred all my custom hatch files from my old computer to my new one in the support path folder, but none of my custom hatches show up properly in files where they used to work perfectly.  There are a couple spots where a custom stone hatch is visible, but if manipulated at all, the hatch becomes blank.  All the other locations where a custom stone hatch was used are blank. If I try to do a new hatch with a custom hatch pattern, it comes up blank. When viewing the custom hatch patterns in the hatch selection window, the preview is also blank, where it used to show a correct preview.  I tried creating a new support file path and new folder, but that didn't work either.  I also reviewed the recommended specifications for .PAT files including the file name length limit, blank line at the end of the code etc.  All seems to be correct, but it is not working. 

When I try to upload the .PAT file here I get an error saying "The attachment's countryrubble_grouted.pat content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."  The original .PAT file was downloaded here:

http://micastoneworks.com/resources/hatch-patterns/

and has worked fine to date in other versions of AutoCAD.

I'm using Windows 10

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: mayawk

There is no correlation between your PAT files and the presence of the hatch in an existing drawing. PAT files are not "referenced". But if you are trying to make changes, you DO need the PAT file in your support path.

Do this at the command line --> (findfile "mycustom.pat")

Replace "mycustom" with the name of your pattern file.

What does it return?

Nevermind that will not work in AutoCAD LT

Ensure that the PAT file is located in a path that is included in your support file search path. An easy way to do this, is to create a new empty folder, like C:\CADSTUFF, and drop your PAT files in there, then add this path to the TOP of the support file search path in your current profile.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
mayawk
in reply to: rkmcswain

I already did all of that, as explained in my first post.  The files are in the correct place, but still not working.

Message 4 of 5
mayawk

I just ran a few more test, and if I bump the scale of the pattern up to 40 or more, it shows up.  Below that it doesn't show up.  At scale 40, the stones are HUGE.  Everything else in the drawing is scaled correctly, including other hatches.  I have the same issue with the standard "gravel" hatch, but that one goes down to a scale of 2, then disappears at a scale of 1.  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?  Is it an AutoCAD problem or a graphics card issue?  My computer is running a NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.

Message 5 of 5
mayawk

Got an answer off another posting:

"Re: Custom hatch scale problem

Your Problem is: The Hatch with your wanted pattern & scale incl. too many lines!

Set hpmaxlines higher and you can go down with your scaling."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators