Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved text no longer displays in LT

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
iancwkaminski
373 Views, 6 Replies

Curved text no longer displays in LT

I created a few curved text items/blocks in AutoCAD LT a few years ago (my architectural stamp, for example), which I've been using on all my drawings for the past 2 years. Within the last few weeks, I noticed that the curved text items are no longer displaying, and don't even appear as selectable objects in any of the files (even the original files that were archived and untouched from 2 years ago). Any idea why this might be happening? I downloaded full AutoCAD demo to see if that worked, and interestingly, all the curved text items appear just fine in full AutoCAD. Was the use/visibility of curved text recently disabled in AutoCAD LT by Autodesk? Very frustrating, if so!

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: iancwkaminski

Arc Text has never been a feature of LT. Can you post the blocks so we can have a look at them.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
pendean

@iancwkaminski Did you truly create curved text with an Express tool in LT in the past? I don't think so, sorry. perhaps a simpler explanation like locked or frozen layers or something else?

Full AutoCAD has Express Tools loaded to enable features not just to use, but to see as well. Is that what happened with your test? Did you find out using LIST command and PROPERTIES command in both programs to see what is being reported as an object type and limitation?

LT has never had Express Tools, still does not through 2024 version. Never. Nothing was recently disabled, it never existed.

Message 4 of 7
cadffm

>>"Curved text no longer displays in LT
"
Which version?

>>"I created a few curved text items/blocks in AutoCAD LT a few years ago (my architectural stamp, for example),"

Not with ARXTEXT command (not in LT)

>>"which I've been using on all my drawings for the past 2 years."

How did you create them, tell us a sample step by step.

>>"Within the last few weeks, I noticed that the curved text items are no longer displaying, and don't even appear as selectable objects in any of the files (even the original files that were archived and untouched from 2 years ago)."

If we talking ARCTEXT: Check your PROXYGRAPHICS setting, set it to 1 and re-open this file in your older LT.

(BTW: Proxynotice=1 would asking you: Want to show proxys, or just as simple box, or no proxies)

>>"I downloaded full AutoCAD demo to see if that worked, and interestingly, all the curved text items appear just fine in full AutoCAD."

And in LT2024 not?

Note: I have a big Problem with arxtext with my  LT2024 installation, it runs in an unhandled error

and crashs, so I need to re-install the program or updates for my graphic hardware, whatever.

>>"Was the use/visibility of curved text recently disabled in AutoCAD LT by Autodesk? Very frustrating, if so!"

The only thing  what make sense: Proxynotice

But we don't know how you could create Arctexts in LT, because it wasn't an option.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker  schrieb:

Arc Text has never been a feature, until today (V2024), of LT. Can you post the blocks so we can have a look at them.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: pendean

@pendean  schrieb:
LT has never had Express Tools, still does not through 2024 version.

Right, but for LT2024, AutoDESK added Arctext to LT2024 (in fullversion it is still just an Expresstool)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm 

pendean_1-1692110271342.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report