Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor jittery and slow and flashes when moving

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
428 Views, 4 Replies

Cursor jittery and slow and flashes when moving

I wonder if anyone can help. Having acquired a new laptop loaded with AutoCADLT 2020, i'm finding that when selecting objects the cursor becomes slow, and jerky/jittery. I've tried to rectify this by activating hardware acceleration, but this only turns off itself off each time and the error message 'The graphics tuner has detected a problem and has turned off hardware acceleration' appears. I'm running a Dell 7720 with 64GB of RAM , i7-7920HQ CPU, with a Nividia P5000 Quadro graphics card. Performance wise, at the moment, it's no better than my previous Dell Precision with an inbuilt Intel graphics card.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Check ABOUT command, it should say 2020.1.3 is your version, if not, you have an update to install.

And post a screenshot of your GRAPHICSCONFIG command here, lets see which video card AutoCAD is being allowed to you by your system. Most likely the version installed is not compatible or capable, but honestly in the LT version of AutoCAD a fancy P5000 card is not going to do much for 'noticeable' performance gain, you wasted money there (unless you have other more intense programs you purchased this laptop for).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for response Pendean. I also run Sketchup and VRAY off the same laptop.

Having trawled through past threads I managed to find a solution and the issue appeared to emanate from a Windows advance setting.

Thanks again for responding though. 

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Which "Windows advanced setting" is that?
Message 5 of 5
terry2
in reply to: pendean

jittery cursor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report