Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL+C, CTRL+V not working

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
49582 Views, 13 Replies

CTRL+C, CTRL+V not working

I've been having this issue recently were the CRTL+C and CTRL+V commands for copy and paste randomly stop working. When CRTL+C is used the command bar shows the number of object selected so it recognizes the objects copied. However when the CRTL+V command is used and it asks to specify the insertion point nothing copies. At first the problem was solved by closing Autocad and reopening it, however as time goes on the problem becomes more pervasive and eventually a restart of windows is required. I am running AutoCad 2013 LT on 64 bit Windows 7 platform. I've had our IT department run updates and reinstall Autocad but the problem is persisting. Any help would be appreciated as this issue makes copying object between layouts kind of difficult.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello from France

Welcome on the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

1) Have you installed the SP 2 on your ACAD LT 2013 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt-2013-se...

2) Is it a continuous problem ?

3) Have you the problem on ONE PC and/or with others PCs OK ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
pendean

Do the actual commands stop working, or just your key combos? COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP commands: type them and find out.

AutoCAD/LT require read/right/delete/overwrite/rename access to your Windows' log-in Temp folder all the time for Copy/Paste to work. if closing and restart LT helps, or restarting Windows helps, then that usually means some temporary block/restricted access is being removed.

What changed 'recently' on your PC? LT2013 is not new.
Message 4 of 14
bvmblue
in reply to: pendean

Do the actual commands stop working, or just your key combos? COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP commands: type them and find out.

AutoCAD/LT require read/right/delete/overwrite/rename access to your Windows' log-in Temp folder all the time for Copy/Paste to work. if closing and restart LT helps, or restarting Windows helps, then that usually means some temporary block/restricted access is being removed.

This post and answer are over a year old, however I have recently encoutnered the same problem. I am working on AutoCAD 2012. The commands work when typed in. The station has been rebooted several times, and the program has been retstarted a few times as well. The problem is isolated to only my machine. I am unclear as to the fix you described above, if it in fact is a repair. Since rebooting and restarting the computer and program have not fixed the problem, what do you suggest?

Ben

AutoCAD Architecture user

Message 5 of 14
pendean
in reply to: bvmblue

Do CTRL+C and CTRL+V actually work in other programs on your PC? If yes, you loaded a custom menu or add-on in ACA that is overriding those settings, a reset of ACA ought to fix it https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...
Message 6 of 14
bvmblue
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your response.

I recall using this feature a few weeks ago for somehting else. When I did that ALL my custom settings were removed. I then had to manually restore my panels, ribbons, etc, some of which I have been unable to restore. Lack of knowledge is the culprit there. How do I save the way my AutoCAD looks/works now, before I run the ACA?

Message 7 of 14
pendean
in reply to: bvmblue

Sounds like what you are putting back is breaking the CTRL functions then: so what are you adding?

You can save all of your current AutoCAD settings like this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to... just be sure you have all the profiles (ACA and plain AutoCAD) backed up.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

I had a similar problem trying to use the delete key, try this-

Type 'pickfirst' in the command line

Then enter '1'

Message 9 of 14
dgkhoa89
in reply to: braudpat

Hi @braudpat,

I'm using acad 2013 64 bit. My PC can not copy / Paste clip. According your guide, i installed SP2, but nothing changed.

So, please help me any suggest to fix this issue ?

Thanks you !

Message 10 of 14
braudpat
in reply to: dgkhoa89

Hello

Maybe you can read this KB article :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Copy-a...

and/or :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Copy-a...

Regards, Patrice

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
dgkhoa89

Hi @braudpat,

I followed 2 link, however it's still not working.

File's working okay on every PC in company. I tried to  resinstall autoCad and no result. 

Could you please help me anymore suggestions ?

Thanks you!

Message 12 of 14
braudpat
in reply to: dgkhoa89

Hello

Maybe you can clean your temporary Windows folder !?

Just after Windows Boot (wait 2/3 minutes), you don't launch ANY program !

Go to   %TEMP%   , select ALL files and SHIFT DEL ... then REBOOT !

Good Luck, Regards, patrice

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
dgkhoa89

Hi @braudpat

This is perfect solution.

Now it's working okay.

Thanks you so much !

Message 14 of 14
TJDRGAS

I Have sometimes this isuue with some drawings drawings.. usually saving in dxf format, opening it and copying from there (or after saving again in dwg) was helping.. Once I had problem when that was not enough. It was an export to cad from some asian structural program.. when trying to open after saving to dxf it was crushing cad. What helped was: first opening the drawing with RECOVER command which fixed 4 errors, then saving it do dxf, then opening and saving back to dwg (cos I don't want to open it from dxf every next time),.. and was working..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost