Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new drawing sheet from Template file but it hasn't copied the visibility parameters?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
580 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a new drawing sheet from Template file but it hasn't copied the visibility parameters?

The company I work for has 3 different departments, so 3 sets of drawing sheets A4-A0. I have tried to simplify it and make it more efficient by creating one template file that has all 3 departments drawing sheets in one. I have done this by creating one block with different visibility parameters. For example all 3 A0 drawing sheets are in one block but the user can alternate between the department sheet they need by using the visibility parameter. 

The problem:

I have set up my Autocad to start a new drawing with this new template as a standard. If I need to add a drawing sheet from the template it works perfectly.

However, I am still working on projects from older jobs, so when I try to use this new file template to open a drawing sheet the visibility parameter isn't showing so I can't access the other departments. I'm not sure why this wouldn't work...

I hope I have explained this clearly. Apologies if not.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem was that it was reverting back to the original block because they had the same block name.

Very easy fix. Rename the block in the new template file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report