Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count dyanmic blocks in AutoCAD LT 2024

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
laurencemulchrone
262 Views, 9 Replies

Count dyanmic blocks in AutoCAD LT 2024

Having scoured the internet and these forums I am struggling with this question:

I wish to count instances/increments of a dynamic block and output the counts to a table. All solutions I have found involve the Data Extraction wizard, which is not supported in LT.

Has anyone found a solution to this? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: laurencemulchrone

@laurencemulchrone Use the COUNT command. See the link below. You can even create a table with it. See the image below

AutoCAD LT 2024 Help | COUNT (Command) | Autodesk

hwalker_0-1718807009810.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 10
laurencemulchrone
in reply to: hwalker

Unless I am mistaken, the Count function will not work properly with dynamic blocks.

I have a dynamic block representing a plastic temporary road panel that repeats in 2.4m increments. The block has one linear parameter that defines the dynamic increment 

I am trying to count the total number of temporary road panels. The Count function returns a value of 1 for each instance of the dynamic block, regardless of how many increments.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Message 4 of 10
cadffm

Try it and send feedback then 😉

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

I have indeed tried it. I have double checked again, and as shown in this screenshot - the COUNT command returns "1" for the dynamic block in layer "Trackway" - which I have extended to 5 panels/increments

laurencemulchrone_0-1718809299384.png

Message 6 of 10
hwalker

Do you need a table or do you want the number of panels to appear in the block?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 10
laurencemulchrone
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for your reply!

I need a table - i.e. a bill of quantities. I a completed drawing there will be potentially hundreds of instances of these Trackway panels each a separate element.

Hopefully you can see from my screenshot that I've already figured out how to show number of panels in each block.

It's the 'Grand Total' that's eluding me!

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Nothing in LT does what you need: sorry @laurencemulchrone

If this is a dire business need, you'll want a full AutoCAD subscription moving forward (no trade in as far as I know if you are thinking about asking), as you found out, and I'm not sure this LISP solution will work in LT2024-2025 either but you are welcome to try it
https://www.lee-mac.com/dynamicblockcounter.html
Message 9 of 10
cadffm

Hi,

>>"a bill of quantities"

You can get what you have. In your sample is just ONE instance(Blockreference) and if I may guess: One Linear parameter with a length of 5 or another value.

Checkout blockreference properties, there is no "5", except your liniear parameter is 5 long.

>>"Hopefully you can see from my screenshot that I've already figured out how to show number of panels in each block."

Did you create this "5.00" field? Then you know it..  because you don't link to "5 Panels", your field linking to another property (like the value of linear parameter)

And you can add this property to the count result too

Rightclick here (red marked) and add your dyn.Block property you are after

cadffm_0-1718812478047.png

Test it: Create a sample with 6 blockreferences, 3x one panel, 2x two Panel, 1x 3 Panel)

my sample attached

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
cadffm
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Nothing in LT does what you need: sorry @laurencemulchrone
COUNT can do this, also in LT

and I'm not sure this LISP solution will work in LT2024-2025
It works! But the tool is for dynamic visibility-property only (it would not work for Array-property)

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report