Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting text to outline/polyline

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
122190 Views, 27 Replies

Converting text to outline/polyline

How can I change text from being solid fill to just outline?  Or convert it from text to polyline?  I need to make cut templates.  I found suggestions online for using Paste Special from Word, TXTEXP, and WMFOUT/WMFIN but none of those have worked for me.

Thanks in advance!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you show us what you are working with, and what the source font looked like intact?
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: tmccar

Just with TXTEXP from Express Tools - zoom does matter on final effect.. if You want to have nice outline zoom as close as possible..

Message 23 of 28
steven-g

@Anonymous AutoCAD LT doesn't have Express Tools?

Message 24 of 28
rkmcswain

@Anonymous - see post #12

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 25 of 28
pmarrhilliard
in reply to: pendean

Although the "solution" is well explained and thorough, it's absolutely unacceptable to call it anything but a work-around. I'm glad that some people have had success using a 26 step process for something that should be a single command. Don't tell me that express tools is easy. It's not an option on LT, but something as simple as converting text to outlines should be part of the core program, LT or not. This solution did not work for me despite following each step, but it's not worth my time trying to figure it out since I can just do it in another program. The original post was 6 years ago and it's not like Autodesk gives a flying duck about making any meaningful improvements to LT version. I've been using the program and all the updates for 7 years now and still hate with a passion reading posts by helpful users solving other users problems that Autodesk ignores completely.  

Message 26 of 28
pendean
in reply to: pmarrhilliard

@pmarrhilliard this forum is fellow users like you and me helping each other out.

Autodesk takes feedback over here and only over here and no where else https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

HTH
Message 27 of 28

Don't know what your going on about,  I been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now.  I know autocad doesn't do it automatically but now I can do it with a few steps.    Works like a charm and I for one appreciate the instructions that were given by pendean.   

Message 28 of 28
Garret.Ozbolt

If you are using LT, you must right click the text, go to properties, and then scroll down to misc. There you can select "backwards" and set it to yes. It will mirror the text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report