Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromium host executable

142 REPLIES 142
SOLVED
Message 1 of 143
Anonymous
358343 Views, 142 Replies

Chromium host executable

When running AutoCAD LT there are 4 chromium host executable process that are taking up a lot of resources.

Killing these processes improves performance dramatically.

Is there any way of stopping these proceses from starting when AutoCAD LT starts?

Regards,

Cam.

142 REPLIES 142
Message 81 of 143
matt
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

Autocad responded and the guy said there's a fix that takes care of this. In case you're not aware, Autocad provides downloads on a continual basis- maybe a few a year- that you load and they fix up your program. Unless there is some huge problem, you never have to re-load, just download their fixes. The downloads are available online somewhere in your account. They just wrote me yesterday, I used maybe 3 downloads to fix Acad 2016lt. Haven't used the 2018 fix yet.

Thnx
Message 82 of 143
Anonymous

No need to uninstall.  Follow 5993019's post.  At least it doesn't load instantly now.  Should have given 5993019 some kudos for the suggestion in my original post.  That's what I meant by renaming the file.

From reading the rest of this forum the issue may be related to using the in-program Help function.  It's not something I call upon often so I cannot say if any issues may arise if I call for help again.

FWIW, my current rig is a slower laptop than I used to have and does a lot of disk-swapping (like a st of swapping).  The 20%+ of CPU used actually may be the lesser of the two evils but the two combined were killing me. 

Message 83 of 143
matt

Hi.

Autocad fixed it. Download the fix. It doesn't uninstall anything.

The latest download for 2018 Lt fixes about 20 things from what Autocad said. Out of probably 1 million things the program does, that's not bad.

That's how Autocad works. The program is set up so you just download the free repair file. It takes care of everything. You open it, it fixes the program, and that's then end of it. This fix took maybe 5 or 10 minutes to load. It does not reload the program, although I imagine if they found something really bad it would. Maybe that's what 2018 is.

Check for repair updates every 6 months, or whenever you have a problem.

I missed the update- that's why I posted. I was looking in the wrong place. Had I found it I wouldn't have posted.

The update is dated 4/28/17.

Thanks,

Matt
Message 84 of 143
Anonymous
in reply to: alun001
Message 85 of 143
nadurham.nd

Hello all! I just fixed this exact issue moments ago. 

1. Click on the "autodesk desktop app" it should be on your desktop, and it looks like the autodesk logo

2. click the green "get started" button

3. DONE! this works, and I was dumbfounded it did. My CPU went from 34% to 5% and no more chromium 32 in the processes. I was on the live chat with microsoft while I did it, and he said he would use this for people who have this issue in the future. 

Message 86 of 143
matt
in reply to: nadurham.nd

The computer demos figured you suffered enough and let you out. It was nothing you did.

They will let you rest up for awhile, then turn on another virus. Usually in a week or two.

Sorry.
Message 87 of 143
Anonymous
in reply to: matt

Have not done any of the suggested work arounds, have been waiting for an official Autocad response (not forum Gurus...)

Have updated Autocad toVersion O.72.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2018.0.2 as per release patch.

Chromium host executable persists! chewing up memeory.

CHE_2.JPG

Message 88 of 143
matt

Here's what I got from another post, and it worked. I'm not
sure it's an Audocad problem. It may be something with the
way certain systems run. Idk. This worked:

(This is the text right from the other guy's post)

"Okay so I tried all the methods above, and the only one
that actually killed it was to go into task manager, under
"startup" right click the Autodesk icon and disable, then go
into "details" and right click -> "end process tree" on the
autodesk desktop program. That immediately killed all the
clones of acwebbrowser.exe, and my computer is finally
silent again..."
Message 89 of 143
Anonymous

I had to use AutoCAD because the City Halls of most important cities in my country had been forcing us for years to attach a copy of the blueprints created with the latest available version of AutoCAD.

This changed now after a new bill that was recently passed and enforced. This bill bans any requirements to use specific software package brands (e.g.,  AutoCAD) and forces every City Hall in the country to accept blueprint copies in a standard PDF format when submitting construction permit requests.

Farewell, Autodesk, and farewell to wasting my money on incredibly expensive Autodesk licenses and dedicated AutoCAD monster-PCs!

Cheers!

P.S.: Three different non-profit organizations are now enjoying my former monster-PCs, and using them as dedicated servers.

Message 91 of 143
Anonymous

And does AutoCAD and everything else still run ok?

Thanks

Scott
Message 90 of 143
Anonymous

And does AutoCAD and everything else still run ok?

Thanks

Scott
Message 92 of 143
matt

Hi. I understand what you mean. But Autocad is in fact a standard, and light years ahead of the other programs.

You have a cell phone. You're paying for service that is maybe 4 times as expensive as it would be if the gov't allowed free competition. The gov't makes the rules, and allows companies to use the airwaves, and the companies lobby the gov't to get rules so they can and do make a fortune and basically rip off every single person in the U.S. I don't care if you work for a data service provider or not but that's what happens at the top.

Autocad is nothing like that, but I guess it is a monopoly of sorts on account of it being by far the best. Like Steve Jobs and his IPhone?

And the pdf program is from a company too. Think. It's from a company. It's not something you mine or something you grow and harvest. And the pdf guys probably lobbied for that legislation you're talking about and got the gov't to make legislation prohibiting the use of Autocad is what I'd guess, legislation that apparently favored pdf. Think.

I don't know for fact but I'd guess pdf is a mega corp in size compared to Autocad. I'm going to look it up. And on top of that, pdf is a very backwards and ancient program compared to Autocad.

The answer? If gov't did everything we'd still be writing on stone tablets. So idk.

Also, you can get a really decent system that will run Autocad for around $1500. You can get a very good one for less than $1,000.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but these are all facts too. What are the alternatives?
Message 93 of 143
matt

Yes. No other issues noticed. And it seemed to be permanent. Some people wrote in that they killed it other ways but they it would come back.

I only had the issue on my really mega computer at home, not on my laptop.
Message 94 of 143
Anonymous

"And the pdf program is from a company too. Think. It's from a company. It's not something you mine or something you grow and harvest. And the pdf guys probably lobbied for that legislation you're talking about and got the gov't to make legislation prohibiting the use of Autocad is what I'd guess, legislation that apparently favored pdf. Think."

The PDF format itself is an international standard and its copyright has been handed over to ISO some years ago. True, Adobe Acrobat Reader is now owned by Oracle, but the company doesn't hold the copyright over the PDF format.

On the other hand, it was not a company that lobbied for the use of the PDF format. The lobbyists were actually many different non-profit Architects' Associations who lobbied for the acceptance of PDF format. 

Also, the legislation didn't prohibit AutoCAD. It only forbids City Halls to require a specific format and enforces acceptance of blueprints in PDF format, i.e., I could still submit supporting files in AutoCAD format if I want to. 

Finally, ... a PC worth U$D 1,500? With that amount of money you can get an extremely powerful system in my country, able to run two instances of AutoCAD with no issues whatsoever. The key here is that it's a lot of money to spend on a computer here...

Message 95 of 143
jaisah
in reply to: pendean

I too am having an issue with Chromium Executable. My computer has been running fine all day and then all of a sudden started lagging and glitching. I checked task manager and found that Chromium Executable was using 10%+ of my CPU continuously. Sure it's only 10% but its making AutoCAD completely unusable. Any useful comments or are you just going to tell me that I'm overestimating the impact it has on my computer?Task Manager.png

Message 96 of 143
matt
in reply to: jaisah

Hi.

You're obviously suffering from some sort of psychosis. I can refer you to a psychotherapist if you'd like . . .

You probably need a complete new system as well. Figure on around $7k. Maybe even move to another city.

No seriously . . . I got a post from on here a few months back that fixed it for me. I'll dig it up in the morning and send it to you. It was very simple.

Matt
Message 97 of 143
jaisah

Cheers, Matt. 

The computer is quite new, it's not a workstation grade desktop but it's got an i7-6700, GTX960, PCIE SSD and 16Gb of ram. It generally runs pretty smoothly but it all of a sudden started running like a bag of crap and the only thing I could find was that Chromium executable using as much CPU as AutoCAD itself. It hasn't had any affect on other applications but AutoCAD is unusable in this state. 

Let me know what you find.

Cheers

Message 98 of 143
pendean
in reply to: jaisah
Message 99 of 143
Anonymous

This crashed AutoCAD LT 2018! directly after I killed the running multiple instances of acwebbrowser.exe in Task Manager & re-named the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Desktop App\AcWebBrowser

So is not a fix or work-around.

Message 100 of 143
Anonymous

My AutoCAD LT 2018 has been patched and it still persists with multiple instances for both AcWebBrowser & Chromium host executable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report