Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromium host executable

142 REPLIES 142
SOLVED
Message 1 of 143
Anonymous
358394 Views, 142 Replies

Chromium host executable

When running AutoCAD LT there are 4 chromium host executable process that are taking up a lot of resources.

Killing these processes improves performance dramatically.

Is there any way of stopping these proceses from starting when AutoCAD LT starts?

Regards,

Cam.

142 REPLIES 142
Message 101 of 143
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Do this https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/chromium-host-executable/m-p/7052145#M152795 after you remove all the bloatware installed with LT (Desktop App and A360 if you do not use them), then restart your PC.

Message 102 of 143
matt

Er, uh .  .  .  Carlos.  Adobe and their pdf  files are a company too. I think ACAD is a much smaller company, and more advanced than them.  Adobe is antiquated, and a monopoly.

So you're saying, may take, is on account of that bill, Adobe is now a gov't mandated monopoly, with their antiquated programs?  That's typ gov't.  That's how I'm looking at this.  I don't like corporations owning America, but I don't like the gov't owning America either.  Us peasants are supposed to own it.

Am I missing something?  Pdf's are another companies product, just like dwg files are Acad.

Matt

Message 103 of 143
matt

Yes everything still seems to work fine..

Message 104 of 143
matt
in reply to: jaisah

Not sure if you got this.

Go into task manager, and under "startup", right click the Autodesk icon and disable, then go into "details" and right click "end process tree" on the Autodesk desktop program.

That killed chromium for me and it hasn't come back.  I haven't noticed any problems w/ Autocad.  I use ACAD 2018 Lt.

Message 105 of 143
matt

This worked for me:

Go into task manager, and under "startup", right click the Autodesk icon and right click, then "disable", then go into "details" and right click "end process tree" on the Autodesk desktop program.

That killed chromium and it hasn't come back.  I haven't noticed any problems w/ Autocad.  I use ACAD 2018 Lt.

I got this from someone else and I'm not sure about the exact names of the Autodesk icons in task manager.

Message 106 of 143
Anonymous

no you are ıt effects your chrome performance .. It is like virus .. wtf 

Message 107 of 143
Anonymous

The way I fixed this on both my computers is to look at the task manager and you can see what programs are sucking up the processor. You need to kill the autodesk desktop app programmy thing that is running and then kill the two or three things that are sucking up the processor. The processing will stop and your fan will shut down, lol. You need to uninstall that autodesk desktop app programmy thing to make this all go away forever. Fn stupid. I can’t believe they did this to us.
Message 108 of 143
matt

Well Autocad is a good program. They can't think of everything and I know they monitor these comments to see what they can do to fix things.

It's probably something that only affects certain types of users that have certain things with their systems.

I was mad at Autocad when I first switched from 2005Lt to 2005Lt, but now I like everything, except for the occasional bugs.

I killed the chromium thing and didn't have to reinstall anything.

Google Chrome has a routine in it that's also called Chromium I think. That may be what causes the problem.

But I didn't uninstall anything and I I got it to work. I used something I got off of someone else's post.

When a multi-billionaire buys Autocad and tries to 'make it better' by screwing everyone- that's when you/we jump ship.
Message 109 of 143
jimiz73
in reply to: pendean

"They don't really affect Windows performance at all unless your Windows environment is exceptionally unstable."

Anything taking up 25% CPU usage and 30-35% memory usage without any software running would affect any computer regardless of the Windows being stable or not.  Ridiculous statement!

Message 110 of 143
Anonymous

I am running Windows 10, 64bit with 32 gigs of RAM. Chromium executable runs in 3 versions whether or not Autocad is open, and uses between them about 20% of processing power. I don’t consider my setup is minimal or underpowered yet I do think Chromium host executable is killing my machine. Trying to close it in tast manager doesn’t seem to help - all 3 pop back up again
Message 111 of 143
pendean

Log out of (or uninstall) A360, kill the Autodesk Desktop App then switch HELP to local files instead of web-only help as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-a... and that ought to stop a couple of those executables from running.

You need to address the cause of the executables running, not just the symptom.
Message 112 of 143
Anonymous
in reply to: matt

After trying everything for hours, this is what worked. Thank you so much.

Message 113 of 143
BrianRoberson7001

I have a similar complaint to the intitial thread, but the problem doesn't seem to be that the Chromium Host Executable files effect windows performance, windows remains stable while the CPU goes to 100% and then AutoCAD becomes unstable.  Thoughts?

Message 114 of 143
pendean
in reply to: BrianRoberson7001

There are many solutions and workaround already posted in this 113+ thread: when you get a chance, read through them and start trying out the options offered. Start with the latest and scroll back to older, one of more should help you out.

Good luck.
Message 115 of 143
matt
in reply to: BrianRoberson7001

I'm not very knowledgeable about computers so idk. Just know that what I'd tried worked. Don't know why.

I'm thinking it's something to do with Google, because Google has some chromium files. I bet Autocad mixes them up when it's searching for things.
Message 116 of 143
Anonymous

what I did is that I ended the process from task manager, all chromium stuff, and is useful cause from 32% it decrease to 9 %

Message 117 of 143
Anonymous

Perhaps he would not need a higher end computer if Autodesk and so many other software manufacturers were not loading their programs up with unnecessary and unwanted bloat.

Message 118 of 143
pendean

Since you and I did not write the code for the program, your statement is uninformed and not helpful to the ongoing problems these users are experiencing.
Message 119 of 143
Anonymous

Another option is to go to 'Open file location' in task manager, and change the extension as mentioned. Thanks for the solution though!

Message 120 of 143
Anonymous

You only have to do this small step, will release your cpu-power again:

1. Go to this catalog: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Desktop App\AcWebBrowser

2. Rename acwebbrowser.exe to acwebbrowser.txt

3. Restart machine.

4. Voila.

P.anda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report