Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromium host executable

142 REPLIES 142
SOLVED
Message 1 of 143
Anonymous
358378 Views, 142 Replies

Chromium host executable

When running AutoCAD LT there are 4 chromium host executable process that are taking up a lot of resources.

Killing these processes improves performance dramatically.

Is there any way of stopping these proceses from starting when AutoCAD LT starts?

Regards,

Cam.

142 REPLIES 142
Message 21 of 143
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You read way more that I wrote: you must have other issues going on and choose to project it on me instead of dealing with them within yourself.

So sad.
Message 22 of 143
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

My machine is a quad core i5, 8gbddr, 4tbhdd, 64bit win8, my video card
isnt just the Intel integrated type but has not been a bad card playing
battlefield and far cry without too much issue. this chromium problem is
not a resource issue, it seems to be a .net issue or WMI issue to me, I
still get hanging occasionally but the tip about localized help files and
uninstalling 360+unnecessary bloatware installs has helped my problem quite
alot.
Message 23 of 143
Anonymous

I am running AutoCadLT 2016 M.49.0.0 on a Win7Pro 64x with 3GHz dual core & 8 GB RAM.  I can normally run the software with a tolerable amount of lag, but I made the mistake of putting my system in "sleep" mode with the software open, and when I started it back up there were four instances of the chromium host executable running, one of which was occupying 49% of my processor.  It took me about 45 minutes to get my system restarted this morning.  Just my $0.02, but there are obviously some issues with this part of the software and it doesn't appear to be mission critical.  Subsequently, it would be nice if it were easier to disable. 

Message 24 of 143
pendean

My PC has double the RAM but is otherwise similar to yours in many respects: but the OP is using a 32bit OS with 4Gig http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/chromium-host-executable/m-p/6593086#M144586

Thanks for adding other good suggestions for the user to try.
Message 25 of 143
dgorsman

These are needed for a variety of things; you say so yourself.  Therefore they are not unnecessary and disabling them causes problems (again, as you yourself noted).

Without knowing exactly what they do it would be very hard indeed to say they are not needed, and calling for their removal a little confusing (rather like calling for something to be removed from your car without knowing what it is... whoops, yes you *do* need a fuel pump).  This has been discussed elsewhere (Inventor board, I believe) but the short version is they *are* intended, necessary, and useful.  Using them allows for certain windows and processes to be spun off to separate threads, allowing the main program to continue working.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 26 of 143
Anonymous

@pendean wrote:

... "And you are barely above the minimum, and minimum is inadequate."

With all due respect, I guess you didn't pay attention to the first sentence in my comment. Let me repeat it here: "...my PC is way over the minimum requirements and even over the recommended configuration...". I am using a PC exclusively dedicated to AutoCAD with two physical Intel processors and 8 Gb RAM with a dedicated 128 bit video card with 4Gb RAM running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

@pendean wrote:

"If AutoCAD is too expensive for you, try other CAD software. Some are even free-licenses you can use."

Sadly, I can't use other CAD software because of the mandatory requirements of many City Halls for submitting blueprints for approval. Let me quote one of those requirements here: "In all cases, blueprint hard copies must be accompanied with an electronic copy of the matching design in a trusted file saved with the latest available version of AutoCAD". I guess this explains why we don't have the option of using other, less expensive or free, CAD software.

@pendean wrote:

"If AutoCAD is too expensive for you,..."

AutoCAD is expensive, and even more in my country: the cost of a one-year license for AutoCAD Architecture is 25% higher than in the US, and that's without the usual VAT of 21%, which increases the final cost of the license to an outrageous 52% higher than the price paid in the US. And we can't buy a license online at the price paid in the US because of geo-fencing mechanisms applied by AutoCAD to protect the interests of the local authorized AutoCAD dealers.

My point is that, after we pay the local cost of a license for using AutoCAD, I'd expect some respect by not having to deal with all those technical issues on our own, which distracts our attention from our business and forces us to start following complicated instructions to apply workarounds, not solutions, instructions found only in forums like this one because AutoCAD's help desk reps don't even know where to get started to help us. In the end, we are not computer or IT professionals. Instead, we are only Architects or Civil Engineers in the construction business.

Message 27 of 143
pendean

This is not Autodesk Support. We are all end users just like you, paying customers just like you. If you want Autodesk Support, make sure you have a fully paid subscription then do this log in here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services, ensure you are on the Management page, fist the SUPPORT pulldown menu at the top right of the page, select VIEW MY SUPPORT CASES, then select an option and ask. Ensure you assign a priority to your request (not everything is an emergency).

Autodesk Support is explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/support-o...

Feedback (and complaints) can also be sent in on the online Product Feedback form: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

AutoCAD is expensive. Very expensive. it also requires you to have access to good IT support for computers. It's unfortunate, but that is the reality. If you cannot afford AutoCAD consider the cheaper AutoCADLT or moving to software not made by Autodesk to lessen the IT support needs. We all have to make hard choices based on our bank accounts. It's not easy being in business.

Good luck.

Message 28 of 143
Anonymous

Thank you so much for your detailed clarification!

I am pleasantly surprised by your excellent and selfless willingness to help an ignorant novice like myself.

The world would be a completely different place if there were more people like you, always willing to help, and always paying attention to every word and every possible detail in the postings of members of this forum. Your ability to capture and synthesize everyone's problems and to offer highly personalized and effectively applicable solutions is remarkable.

I can see now why you carry the AUTODESK EXPERT ELITE badge. It is a true pleasure to learn that a professional colleague in my line of business has achieved such an advanced knowledge about this remarkable software and is at the same time willing to share his expertise with other people not as capable as you are.

From this day on I will be your #1 follower and fan.

Kudos to you!

Message 29 of 143
Anonymous

I second the motion, congratulations on your super elite status, it truly amuses me to know that no matter where my fingers frolic to on the internet, there will always be some iteration of the marginally helpful, thoroughly condescending, refreshingly braggadocious, ever vigilant elite status super forum ninja to simultaneously flex his/her technical glutes while slipping in lighting fast truly informative technical kungfu kicks (cant even see it happen amidst all the diversionary tactics, and borderline derogatory condescension). Please sir march forever forward in your courageous quest to validate yourself to yourself in this humble internet forum you have invested so much of your priceless time. Stand proud forum soldier for not only have you sort of helped whoever read this. you have most definitely contributed to my continued social life, if it were not for the selfless warriors like yourself, i might actually find using the internet for anything other than smut and ebay too pleasurable to leave my home.!
Message 30 of 143
Anonymous

chromium.jpg

Message 31 of 143
Anonymous

It's rather, for old boring and unhelpful guys. 

Message 32 of 143
alun001

Hey All, if it's a competition do I win with all these instances when I'm not even running AutoCAD at the moment!

Acwebbrowser.jpg

Anyone can do better?

Message 33 of 143
alun001
in reply to: alun001

All, just in case someone wants to jump on this, I am running Inventor & 3 Vault Pro windows but I don't see that validates 24 instances of acwebbrowser!

Message 34 of 143
pendean

Are you specifically facing a challenge or slow-down? Or are you just addicted to watching WTM's Processes Tab? There are nine running here and honestly there is nothing crippling Win7 here, I only looked because you did 🙂

Message 35 of 143
alun001

My Math clearly isn't what it used to be as I see 24, but I'm sure you're right. And I frequently get slow downs on my server class machine when running Inventor.

So no, I'm not addicted to watching it, just pissed when I can't get my work done because I'm sitting round waiting for the software to lose the 'Not Responding' message.

Message 36 of 143
pendean

"not responding" is a system level problem and you should address it: it's fix has nothing to do with how many Chromium Host Executables are running.

I'll tell you now that there is no one magic fix for it: you'll have to do a lot of digging and testing.
Message 37 of 143
Anonymous

Agreed, I don't have a separate monitor running task manager either i
believe the issue that originated those thread is that since inventor has
been installed I now have to view the task manager regularly to close
chromium processes when they hang my computer. A symptom I haven't
experienced since excising the McAfee tumor from my machine. Why all the
haters? Obviously this is an issue on quite a few systems.
Message 38 of 143
Anonymous

Agreed, I don't have a separate monitor running task manager either i
believe the issue that originated those thread is that since inventor has
been installed I now have to view the task manager regularly to close
chromium processes when they hang my computer. A symptom I haven't
experienced since excising the McAfee tumor from my machine. Why all the
haters? Obviously this is an issue on quite a few systems.
Message 39 of 143
pendean

All I can suggest is, when we have such a system with that problem, I simply reimage the hardrive with a clean Windows install, re-install only our stock approved software and the problem goes away.

You probably have more things going on in the background: there are tools to use and find out more, Task Manager is useless for that task: it's just showing the 'symptom' but not the 'disease'.
Message 40 of 143
Anonymous

There we go with another almost helpful post. Format my system because one
program causes issues. With some unknown mystery culprit on my obviously
virus riddled pc. I don't have any viral issues, everything currently
installed Will be re installed and a day of my time will get flushed only
to encounter the same chromium virus. If multiple tools exist to prove my
machine is to blame (and all else who keep reviving this thread's) how
about some links or solutions that don't involve me wiping a perfectly
stable install?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report